few training questions HELP!!

azcowgirl

#1 potty training! its a disaster!!! lol :rolleyes: well anywho.. i put puppy pads on the floor in my room when i go to the store and i come back home and OH MY GOSH poop and pee everywhere but the pads. when i see them doing that ill grab them and put them on the pad but i guess it hasnt registered. and also they both have a habit of ripping up the puppy pads! im trying to potty train them by putting them outside every hour or so.. what can i do

#2 also kennel training they go in there when they want and everything during the day.. BUT the think i dont get is they fall asleep around 7 pm and they go in the kennel but around 12 or2 in the morning they are crying and whinning to get out! what can i do about that?

#3 leash training is going ok they will do ok when my boyfriend is holding the leash but not me they get all weird or well stubborn!!! eh..

#4 ive been trying to teach them to sit.. they can do it both but they start jumping when im going to give them the treat ( i dont give it to them when they do that though ) am i doing ok on that? ive been trying to get them to lay down but lol thats not going as i want they are stubborn little puppies! haha

Chiluver

I'm not a expert, but I would do away with the puppy pads. They are probably confusing them. If you leave, I would put them in the crate, then take them out immediatly after you get home, even if they soiled the crate.

R

RedyreRottweilers

You have to use your primate brain.

Number one, you are finding out why the vast majority of responsible breeders will not recommend or place 2 puppies at once. STOP trying to train them together. Crate one, and train the other one.

2) STOP leaving the house and leaving them outside the crate. If you must be away for so long that they will need to eliminate, set up an Exercise Pen so that the puppies can be confined, yet have room to eliminate. Ditch the puppy pads. Use newspaper for now. Be sure you are FOOD REWARDING all outdoor elimination. Please read the house training stickies here.

3) buck up on the crate training. If puppies whine during the night, take them out to see if they need to eliminate, and then bring them back in, put them in the crate, and ignore any noise. This is part of bringing up a puppy.

4) use food rewards to lure the puppy along when it is on leash. Smile and praise when puppy follows along. If you just stand there while they "get all wierd or stubborn", nothing will change.

5) seek out and enroll in a puppy training class, and start attending it as soon as they will let you.

my little one cries in the kennel as well. Im not sure if this is something you could do, but I put her little kennel up on a stand and placed it facing my bed so she can see me. She will cry for a minute or two but it isnt anything like if I put the kennel on the floor. She wakes me up around 4am to potty and then she goes back in the kennel. The only time she goes on the pads is in the middle of the night because its so cold outside.

Good luck!!

Members online

No members online now.