Water! Ball! Jump! Fun!

So I'm so sick and tired of every place I go with Traveler, so I sat down with google maps and tried to find a place we could bike to and I found one! Only 3.5 miles away

It's a forest preserve that used to have a dog park there years ago. They built a rode through it though because they suck. But because of that I haven't been there in years. It's a nice place, nice bike trails around a lake and bridges and things but really busy.

BUT I went poking around yesterday with Traveler and found a place off the main path that I can get to easily but is hidden from sight (and will be more soon because everything is gone from a controlled burn they did), right by another body of water that is DEEP right off the shore so he can launch himself into it while I illegally let him off leash. So happy I found this place!

Though, people SUCK and there were way too much trash. Broken beer bottles, cans and even parts of a bong. I'm brining a trash bag next time and slowly cleaning up the area.

WEEEEE

IMG_2462 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Ball.

IMG_2287 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2337 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

This is the log that went from the shore into the water. Once Traveler figured out that he could walk on something to get to the water he was completely thrilled. Though, it confused him because it goes farther into the water and he felt compelled to find the end before jumping off.

IMG_2491 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2524 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Flat dive

IMG_2308 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

There was a learning curve with him figuring out how to get out of the water since it was so deep

IMG_2353 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Drying off

IMG_2670 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2644 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

It's times like this that I look at him and just think "My god you are handsome"

IMG_2694 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

And here's the video of Traveler figuring out how that log into the water works. It's full of awkward jumping

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cDNx4MiE27o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Toller_08

I love your pictures so much. They're always so much fun! Looks like you found a great new place to take him. I always enjoy the pictures of him playing, but this time I think my favourite is the one of him standing. He is just gorgeous. Good thing I don't live with him - I'd probably just stare at his handsome all day, haha.

JacksonsMom

I love it! What a great find. I really need to do the same and find a few places around here for Jackson an I to visit this summer... I am sure there's lots I haven't found yet. Trav is soooo handsome and looking so grown up.

It's so bad when you get bored of all the places around. I hate that.

Some hot weather this week so Traveler and I will spend sometime going these places and bonding before next Tuesday when his life ends.

^ best post ever!

Poor poor Traveler. You house is going to explode from to much koolie awesomeness!

SaraB

Everytime someone comments on this thread it pops back up at the top and I look at it again. My koolie want is so incredibly out of control right now.

Teal

...ice road...
<3 <3 <3 He IS so incredibly handsome!

I love the second jump in the video... he couldn't just start swimming when he was neck deep in water, nooo lol

Members online

No members online now.