So I bought the boys two beds

Fran27

I received one of the dog beds I ordered today. It's huge 54''x34'', I put it in the room with me. Tips went to sleep on it for 5 minutes, then followed me out of the room, and now they are both sleeping on the floor next to me when that comfy bed is 3 feet away.

Why did I spend money again?

Fran27

Ooo Tips is back on it. Maybe it's not totally hopeless after all :D Boris seems scared of walking over it, he cracks me up sometimes.

femke

lol I did that for my cat... got him a really nice bed... *looks over at the catbed only to see the cat lie in front of it on my sweater..... *sigh haha

hope you have better luck with your dogs using it!

I gave up on the dog beds about 25 years ago. None of them would ever sleep on one. I got the last one I bought out of the closet and the cat actually would sometimes sleep on it, so it wasn't a total waste of money.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
this is why I am afraid of buying dog beds. I know we'll spend the money and then the dogs won't sleep on them. We used a blanket for Mack and he completely ignored it and slept on the floor so I'm worried that now these two will do the same thing once we spend the money on the beds for them.

Fran27

I was worried a bit too, but the floor is getting cold... Well they were both enjoying the bed last night, so I guess it wasn't such a bad idea after all. I'm supposed to get the other one (another kind, for the bedroom) tomorrow, so hopefully they will like that one too!

Both are a bit thick and look like matresses, I figured they would like them as they like the couch so much.

I had a soft dog bed given to me as a present for shadow, she loved it, but not as a bed, as a chew thing.

I came home from work one day, and couldnt see the floor for foam........oh well.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Oh, Zeus is a cuddle bug. He doesn't have a bed, but he absolutely loves his blankies. His favorite thing in the world is to arrange one into a cushy pile, curl up on it and snooze. I think your dogs will come to love the comforts of a bed.

Fran27

Yeah, we had the same problems with others... The first one was a mat that we put in Boris' crate, until he made a hole in it and the foam started getting out. Now it's over the crate and the cats sleep on it. The other two were some kind of big baskets, but it was mostly a cover over some polyester material, so it didn't take long for Tips to find out how fun that stuff is fun to rip off, and he peed on the other just after we got him, so they are put away for now...

I had to put some bitter apple on the new one this morning, I just hope it will actually last a while...

RD

Are you dead yet?
We don't even buy beds for Dakota anymore. He prefers the cool, hard tile to anything else. Whenever he DOES wind up laying on one a bed, it's just so he can chew holes in it.

Ripley on the other hand, destoys his beds, but loves snuggling into them at night, so we always make sure he has a cushy bed.

Members online

No members online now.