How many geocache with your dogs?

ACooper

I have a gps and I have only used it a couple of times (shame on me)

I went geocaching a few weeks ago and my youngest son LOVED it, and Orson had a great time :) It is supposed to be GORGEOUS this weekend, and I think I will go again.

Has anyone trained their dog to sniff out the "treasure" when you get close? :lol-sign: THAT would be SWEEEEEET! hehehhehehe

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I've gone caching with my family, but have not taken the dog with me as of yet. I've only found a few of them, but I've had a good time.

Jean Luc - www.geocaching.com

Xerxes

Mr Poopy
To be honest AC, rather than Caching, we go hunting. Rather I should say, we go tracking. Sometimes we'll trail for miles through the woods. It's a lot of fun to see him track at high speed and then lose the scent and do the circles until he reacquires it.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
SHUUUUSSHHH!!!
You're not supposed to talk about it with the muggles!!!!!

I haven't done it yet.

But I am going to. It's my new hobby that I haven't started yet :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I would LOVE to. The last time I looked, geocaching wasn't that big around here so it wasn't worth getting into it though...
but that was several years ago. I wonder if it's bigger now...

noludoru

Bored Now.
I'm pretty sure Dekka showed pictures of when she did.... not positive, though, it might not have been geocaching.

ACooper

To be honest AC, rather than Caching, we go hunting. Rather I should say, we go tracking. Sometimes we'll trail for miles through the woods. It's a lot of fun to see him track at high speed and then lose the scent and do the circles until he reacquires it.
Xerxes you should TRAIN him to TRACK the geo treasures!! Then tell me how to do it with Orson.......hehehehehe

SHUUUUSSHHH!!!
You're not supposed to talk about it with the muggles!!!!!

I haven't done it yet.

But I am going to. It's my new hobby that I haven't started yet :D
Muggles........hehehehehe, now you sound like my friend! He tells me this all the time (but he talked to ME about it when I was a muggle :confused:)

I would LOVE to. The last time I looked, geocaching wasn't that big around here so it wasn't worth getting into it though...
but that was several years ago. I wonder if it's bigger now...
Beanie I bet you anything that it is alot bigger where you are now........I know in our town there are TONS to find.......most within 4 miles of me!

And I do think you are right.........now that you mention it Dekka DID post some caching pics awhile back!

yoko

i saw it on tv and have wanted totry it!! but i don't have a gps :(

yeah if it wasn't pop you should look! i live in a no where town and i found some close to me :)

ACooper

YEP! That was it.........and the "friend from work" that I posted about is the one who finally talked me into giving it a go :D

Dekka

Just try me..
My hubby is really really into geo caching. He often takes a dog or two with him depending on where he is going. Dekka has a life jacket so gets to go with us (I go if there is canoeing) if we are canoeing. I like the walks, but am not into the 'find' and with short dogs, and many caches in trees...don't think using them as locators would work well.

Members online

No members online now.