Just realized

Romy

Taxiderpy
that I'm listening to a playlist full of pagan music while building a nativity scene. FAIL. lol

milos_mommy

Hey, I don't believe in Jesus as a savior/am not Christian, but I set up a Nativity every year anyway. It's pretty, and it's a cute Christmas story to me, same as Father Christmas or Rudolph (for me personally, I hope that doesn't offend anyone because I understand it's obviously MUCH different to many people).

I think the majority of people in this country have a mashup of holiday traditions from different religious backgrounds.

Well, if you're ever in the South around Christmas, you'll notice they have some extras in the front yard nativity scenes.

It's not complete until Frosty takes his place, lol. Not sure how he got to the Inn -- his companion, Rudolph, must have given him a ride?

Talk about a miracle . . . Frosty in Nazareth -- unmelted.

Lyzelle

The nativity story is pagan in and of itself anyway, so I think you're fine. Whatever pagan music is, anyway. lol

milos_mommy

I suppose any song that lacks Judeo-Christian themes (Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland, etc.) is considered a pagan Christmas song, but I've heard albums where they have Pagan or Wiccan versions of typical Christmas songs: "Solecist Night" instead of "Silent Night", etc.

Knowing Romy though I bet it's more along the lines of Neo-Pagan Celtic Folk or something equally awesome and flute-y :p

Saeleofu

I'm not religious in the slightest, but I really want to set up a nativity scene this year...so I can put a TARDIS in it :rofl1:

Romy

Taxiderpy
The pagan stuff on my arting playlist is stuff like Greenman by XTC, Twilight of the Thunder God by Amon Arth, a lot of songs by Dead Can Dance. The only Christmas song on there is Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's cover of Mr. Heatmiser, which is, well... lol.

Tardis in a nativity would be so full of win. :rofl1:

ETA: This is what was playing as I was gluing baby Jesus together.

Please to dance round for the one called the Greenman
He wants to make you his child
Please to dance round for the one called the Greenman
Dressed in the fruits of the wild

And you know for a million years he has been your father
He'll be a million more
And you know for a million years he has been your father
Run to his arms at the door

::facepalm:: lol

Last edited:

Members online