Im NEW Here!

Welsh Doberman

I may bite... grrr!
Hi everyone!

Im new here and i love dogs, although i don't have any at the moment but i have grown up around dogs and love them. I am hoping to get a Doberman soon with my partner :D but im finishing up in college first and then hopefully doing some Volunteer work with my local RSPCA and get in as an Animal Care Assistant and work myself up. I have 2 cats Jasper and Toulouse and i hope to get to know all the other dog lovers on the forum and chat with members that already have Dobermans to hear about theirs :D

WD

Doberluv

Welcome, I'm new here too. Dobermans are wonderful dogs. I hope you get to have one if it is the right breed for you and your lifestyle. I must emphasise right off to do your research first if you've never had one and make sure it's the breed for you. They take a tremendous amount of socialization, training and your time. Too many are turned into shelters because they're not what people thought. Also, be extraordinarily careful about choosing a breeder. Learn about what makes and how to find a REPUTABLE BREEDER. That is so important, I cannot begin to tell you.

If I or any other Doberman owners here can help, please feel free to ask.

So glad you joined and look forward to talking "dog." (especially Doberdog) LOL.

becca_4321

When I was married to my first husband he wanted a doberman so badly, finally got one. We had a baby. I was so scared of the thought of a doberman! But discovered they are babies! She was the sweetest dog. At that time a doberman around here was considered a bad dog to have. Ha! She not only was a sweet dog but she was great with our little one.

Welsh Doberman

I may bite... grrr!
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i already feel like im at home here at this nice forum :) .

Nice to meet everyone and i'd love to have a chat with dobie owners to find out as much as possible :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone around ;)

WD

Welcome to Chazhound!

I'm another who's never actually owned a Dobie, but I've had the privilege to have several for friends. They're wonderful creatures; full of intelligence, mischief, love, loyalty and curiosity - and a few funny quirks! One of my favorites was Shana, a HUGE female Dobie who belonged to a customer of mine when we owned a business downtown. Shana came to work with Ted and went everywhere with him. She was so funny when she'd come into our print shop. She'd sit so politely until I'd hand Ted his package, then she'd stand up and put her paws on the counter and look at me and cock her head sideways for HER package - she wasn't happy unless she had a bag with something in it to carry back to the dental lab. She was a real sweetheart and if I met her out on the street would always greet me with a wriggly butt and two paws put soooo gently on my shoulders and touch noses with me.

Welsh Doberman

I may bite... grrr!
Hi Renee,

The dobie that you mentioned, she sounds like a lovely dog. I really want a doberman but at the moment i don't have enough money and i don't have a proper place of my own and buying one now wouldn't be fair on the dog or puppy. But me decision is still on the Doberman i love the breed so much :D

Dobies RULE!!! :D

Members online

No members online now.