New horses!

MH<3dogs

Hey everyone!

My boss and manager went to the New Holland horse auction like they do every year and brought home two really nice geldings.

Meet Rock. Estimated age is 9 years old, quarter horse and stands about 15.2hh. Seems like a real sweetheart. Yes he is standing uphill in the second photo.

Meet Flash. Eight year old registered paint horse and stands about 15.2hh as well. A little bit of a butt head but with some work he'll come around. No his eye is not swollen in the first picture its just really bad photography. :D

And my two favorite pictures...

Rock getting a kiss from my friend and not sure what to think about it!

I like big butts...

BostonBanker

Aww, cute, and they look pretty good! I would never have the stomach to do an auction, but am glad that some people do so some horses can get out. We found out a while ago that a mare my trainer bred went through NH, and probably didn't end up so lucky. Super well bred warmblood mare who just wound up in the wrong place.

Is the quarter horse roan, or is that just the lighting? Very pretty color if it is accurate!

MH<3dogs

Thanks BB and Dekka! Other than being a little scraped up and the QH's hooves are a bit long they are in good weight. And they are total hams!

No, the QH is a chestnut. My photography is just really bad and I was in a rush so it just made the pictures worse! :rolleyes: I love roans. My horse was a blue roan.

They do have a pretty good home as long as they don't turn out to be psychos. Although we've been pretty lucky the last couple of years and haven't brought horses home that try to kill us. :D We're a trail riding stable, hack barn whatever you want to call it. We cater to the beginner and occasional rider. I know a lot of people don't like hack barns and I know many of them are not nice places but we pride ourselves it taking very good care of our horses. And when they are ready to retire we find them lovely retirement homes (quite a few of them have gone home with some of the girls that work at the barn). So even though they have to work for a living they are very well taken care of and LOVED.

If they are not cut out to be beginner horses but are safe enough for us to ride them come fall we will either make the decision to keep them as guide horses for us or I will sell them instead of bringing them back to NH.

Staff online

Members online