Bought a Bike!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm so excited! We went to a local bike shop and they were SO helpful-I got to test ride it down the road and everything. It does kind if suck that I haven't riden a bike since high school, so while I can ride it my bike riding skills are not what they uses to be. I think until I get more confident I'm a danger to myself and others riding on the road, so it's bike trails for me for awhile.

It's a pain to post pics from my phone, but thus is basically what it is....
http://www.electrabike.com/Bikes/townie-original21d-bikes-ladies-181216

Isn't she a beaut? :D

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Oh god, an Electra cruiser?!

I COVET THOSE.

I rode my SIL's every single day when I was in BC in May. The thing is a dream to ride, so comfortable. Try to stick to paved trails if you can though, cruisers are awful for any kind of off-roading.

I want a 700c hybrid and a cruiser. :D

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I love cruiser bikes! Sadly I wouldn't be able to ride anywheres around here due to the hills and trails lol.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
We do have some fairly flatish paved trails here, so I'll start on those. I don't think I'll be in good enough shape for dirt trail riding for a while, so I figure that if eventually I do get to a point where I really want to ride on trails I can just get a second bike.

I got a helmet too. I feel like kind of a form in it but I don't trust my riding skills enough to not wear one at this point.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I fixed up my bike but haven't gotten brave enough to try it yet. I haven't ridden it since junior high. I know I'm going to make a fool of myself.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I fixed up my bike but haven't gotten brave enough to try it yet. I haven't ridden it since junior high. I know I'm going to make a fool of myself.
That was my number one fear! When I did the test ride the bike shop employee, my husband, and an "expert biker" type were all watching me--it was terrifying! I was shaking when I first started out l, but I somehow managed to not fall. We are headed to a bike trail now, so we will see if I can stay upright the entire time-I really hope so!

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I keep hearing such awesome stuff about cruisers... never ridden one but I'm dying for a pink bike ;) haha

mine is very red :( it's a specialized myka... it's a blast for mtn biking, I just don't like the color lol

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Ace!! I also have a newly acquired bike!!! We found it and reported it to the police. No one claimed it, so its MINE!!!

I was going to play on it today, but it was peeing down.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I keep hearing such awesome stuff about cruisers... never ridden one but I'm dying for a pink bike ;) haha

mine is very red :( it's a specialized myka... it's a blast for mtn biking, I just don't like the color lol
You should go to a bike shop and try one! They had a few pink ones at the shop we got mine at and they are comfy.

Well, I made it through and 8.5 mile paved trail ride in one piece! Yay! I have a new found dislike for people who walk their dogs on busy bike trails on FLEXI LEADS though--I had a very near miss with an Airedale.

I got a little disappointed when I realized you were talking about a bicycle and not a motorcycle =P But it's pretty! I used to work in a bicycle shop (as a mechanic) and I loved that the staff was so good at helping people figure out what they want/need!

Snark

Mutts to you
Well, I made it through and 8.5 mile paved trail ride in one piece! Yay! I have a new found dislike for people who walk their dogs on busy bike trails on FLEXI LEADS though--I had a very near miss with an Airedale.
Purty bike!

I have a dislike for bike geeks/inline skaters who can't be bothered to tell you they're coming up on you and are passing on the left or right - that goes for whether I'm riding a bike, scootering with Riley or just walking him. I will happily move off a trail with Riley IF THE PERSON WOULD LET ME KNOW before they suddenly appear and whiz by, with inches to spare, usually scaring the cr*p out of me and Riley.

When Sis and I go riding and/or scootering, we ALWAYS announce our presence to whoever we're overtaking and let them know which side we're passing on, it's just common sense (and courtesy).

Members online