Calling all C25K'ers.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Anyone else out there currently working through the Couch to 5K thing?

If so, what week/day are you on, how are you doing, is it killing you completely like it is me? lol! What days of the week do you do your runs?

I'm going out to do Week 3, Day 2 tonight and I thought day 1 was gonna kill me, but after actually being able to do it, I'm kinda stoked to try it again tonight! I run Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and my sister and her boyfriend are doing it "with me" even though they live an hour away.

I'll be honest though, after every run I come home and ask myself why the hell I have myself convinced that I think I wanna be a runner!

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
We just ran week 3, day 2... We've been on week 3 for a few weeks now ;) I get busy with work and end up running like once a week... I'm trying to remedy that!

(ETA by "we" I mean me & Rage ;) lol)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I completed C25K awhile back, but have re-started it since I'm running in VFFs now. Last night was W3D3 in my Spyridons! :)

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I'm doing it with my friend while we are both on break for summer! We are on Week 4, Day 3... there are times when I feel like I'm going to die, but for the most part I'm actually okay with it.

However, talk to me when we go to finish Week 4! We haven't been able to run at all this week and most likely won't - I couldn't go Monday, Tuesday or today and my friend is going to be out of town Thursday and Friday.

We usually go Mondays and Tuesdays, rest Wednesdays, then run Thursday or Friday (sometimes both days). Usually during the run I'm thinking "what did I DO?!?!", but after the run I'm so glad I did it. It makes me feel awesome! :p

We are probably going to sign up for the Color Me Rad 5K in September, but haven't decided 100% yet. It looks like so much fun though!

Catsi

I agree with joining up for the fun run! You'll have great fun and you may find it helps to have this as a goal for your C25K.

You may be surprised and find that W3D2 will be a little easier. I'm not doing C25K at the moment, I finished in March. But there were some really difficult sessions in there! Week 3 was really tough for me, I specifically remember that, but I did work through it. I actually extended that week because I was sick and run down. I was really worried about Week 4, but I surprised myself and it didn't seem quite so hard.

What helped me:

- Slow down, if you feel like you need to
- Reminding myself that my body is ready for this, even if I don't feel that way
- Remember that if you still feel it's too much, just walk. Repeat the day if you need to. It's no big deal and you will get there in the end.

Members online