A lil' confused with my pup's breed.

zeekee

Some says he's a pure lab. Some says he's a mix lab and pitbull. Some says he's a box and lab.

zeekee

Is it really a pit? Why does his head doesnt like a brick? He has a semi-long noose..

zeekee

I changed my avatar so you could see his whole body. I have some of his close up photos in my album. Kindly check it out guys.

thehoundgirl

He looks like a pit bull mix. He is super cute. :) FYI - APBTs are a medium breed, they are not supposed to be huge or have big heads. :)

zeekee

Thanks for the info guys. He's temperament is surely from a pitbull because of his aggresiveness. He also like to jump on people and he "humps". He also likes chasing small animals like cats, rats, cockroaches and kill 'em..

thehoundgirl

Humping and jumping on people is not aggression, it's a training issue not aggression. So you need to work on stopping that. :) Him chasing small animals is normal. Most dogs do it.

~Tucker&Me~

Thanks for the info guys. He's temperament is surely from a pitbull because of his aggresiveness. He also like to jump on people and he "humps". He also likes chasing small animals like cats, rats, cockroaches and kill 'em..
Yeah, jumping on people and humping are training issues, nothing to do with being part pitbull. And if you are talking about aggressiveness in terms of other dogs/animals that would make sense, but pitties are not supposed to be aggressive to humans at all...

zeekee

Thanks for the compliment @stafinois

im sorry guys. i thought jumping and humping are bad behaviors in dogs. its my first time to own this kind of dog. he's very energetic and playful. i just hope that his biting will be gone a.s.a.p. he bites too hard sometimes.

javadoo

Coming from a pure-bredd lab owner...he is definitely not pure lab.
He does look like a pit/lab mix possibly.
He is adorable though!

Ohh.. I dont know now what am i going to say when someone ask me for his breed.. Smh!!
To avoid Pit "hysteria", you might want to make something up, like I did to avoid the former dog warden's involvement and just to prevent people from judging him as "bad" because he was half Pit. We told people he was a Golden Ret/Bassett Hound mix. Some people suspected but never said anything, some did say something, but most just accepted it and never thought about it again. When he was near the end, we told everyone who had met him over the years what he was, and it shook up quite a few of them when they realized they, or their kids, had hugged and/or kissed a "Pit!"

Members online

No members online now.