Introducing...

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Yup, Grammy, lots of little breeds out there.

And this one is a cutie. Wow, does he look cuddly. i can't wait to see more.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
oh jesse, hes a cutie pie! hes pretty heavy slate, my experience thus far has been as long as there solid slate down the hairshaft they tend to keep a good blue tone! though the chocolate may grow out or expand lol...
one of the things i both love and hate about chis...you ahvent a clue about what color there going to finally be untill they reach a yr...with the long hairs hes still going to be growing in his mane till about 3 yrs. and the saddest part is, hell likely shed less than the shorthaireds AND require about as much brushing LOL!

look at those eyes...cant wait till his ears go up...GAH! lol
what color are his parents? just watch for alopecia, its more common in the blues.

hell be about ready to come home the same time my new boy is about ready! *does the sxicted puppy dance* we should hold a virtual puppy shower!

grammy, no worries, the "chihauhaus have no hair" is a common misconception on the short haireds (and likely stems form the fact that most "famous" short haireds are not well bred and have a very fine think coat...a short haired chis coat should be close shiney but fairly thick, the long haireds have a good deal of coat particularly around the neck, tail and pants (and often resemble a pappillion to the untrained eye)

cresties are a completly different breed with a different build and personality all together...cresties are one of a small number of naturally hairless breeds. :)
i make it more confusing for most ebcause i have both chis and cresties...(or currently A crestie lol) so many just assume there all the same breed when they see the i have 3 small dogs lol.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
sooo cute! lol

i say we clone him and just send one to me! lol :p

i love those LC chis! soo cuddly

joce

So cute! I have been having little dog fever lately and that pic is such a tease! Keep us updated with pics frequently!

. . . . . . . . . .Target has had the cutest little doggie outfits I would get made fun of for getting but I almost got them for whenever I do get a little dog:p

LauraLeigh

Oh man............ VERY cute, criminally cute.... giving me puppy blues cute..... someday I'd like to have a show quality Chi, can I ask, because I have never looked into it, are Chi's like JRTs where you can get all coat types in one litter? Or are they pretty well two breeds within the breed?

Toller_08

Congratulations!! He's absolutely adorable. I love Long Coated Chis!

Yeah, I couldn't not get another chihuahua. They're definitely my favorite breed. I considered something different, but in the end decided that I wanted a chi.
That happened to me as well. Like Laur said, once you've found your breed, it's really hard to try out something different. :)

Dekka

Just try me..
I love the long haired Chis... someone I know back from my riding days is really into showing the LC... You better post oodles of pics of Tucker! :D

Members online

No members online now.