Help Me!!

lh459

Hello, I have a big favor to ask anyone and everyone. First of all it's not going to help if you haven't seen the movie Sweet November with keanu reeves in it. but if you have maybe you can help. The dog in the movie, Ernie, is the cutest thing i have ever seen. I want one of whatever type dog he is but i have no clue what that type is! I do not have a picture but I am looking for one on the net. If you know please please please let me know so i can get one for my birthday!!!!!

These?

Or the one in the calender?

The top ones are Standard Poodles, and I think the calender dog is a Lhasa Apso or some similar silly little dog :D

Last edited:
Gumbo-Man, you're incorrigible!

Guess what! I found it. Never saw the movie; haven't seen a chick-flick in years, but that's what I get for falling for a manly-man. (lol) I've learned to appreciate Jet Li movies. Actually, the historical "Once Upon A Time in China" series are superb, and "Crouching Tiger" is one of the best films I've ever seen. The trade off is that I've got Charley semi-hooked on anime.

Back to the subject. I found it on the bulletin board at this site: http://www.canadogs.com

Ernie is a Brussels Griffon. Taaa-daaaa! :p

Last edited:

nicco

Wolfpack
You know...the same breed appeared in the movie "As good as it gets" with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt.
I have to admit that the dog is very cute!

lh459

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! now i have another question!! after finding out "ernie" is a brussels griffon, i started looking them up and asking questions. I've been told most people couldn't tell ernie was a BG bc he wasn't groomed like the dogs in shows. Now, i do not want a show dog by any means, so if i get a pup and it grows up will he or she turn out like ernie with just the basic trims and washes???!!! or is there something specific i need to ask the breeder or a certain cut?? odd question i know and i don't know if it can be answered! but i don't want to get an ernie and it turn out looking completly different!! thank you all!

RD

Are you dead yet?
I believe that the BG is a wirehaired breed, the ones in shows are stripped of their coat instead of clipped, I think that would be one of the reasons Ernie looked different.

Nobody can guarantee that your dog will look like Ernie, (I've never seen that movie and I can't tell what he looks like) but if you want a dog that looks like him, I'm sure a breeder or rescue out there has one. :)

Go ahead waste your time on so many dogs out there, but if you ever have a chance at living around/with a "true" Miniature Schnauzer, you will never look at another dog breed again! GUARANTEE!!! They are "The most affectionate dog in the world" (they do something for your heart that other dogs can't) and "The dog with the human brain" (you'll see why they are know for these two outstanding characteristics)

Here's just a little hint of what they pack (besides non-yippity/barkers, non-shedding, non-dog smelly, non-problem to alergy victims, non-arrogant, non-hyper, non-expensive, non-laborous, non-selfish/centered, non-noticable pile, non-big eaters, non-ugly as adult dogs get, etc...

WHY A (Mini-Schnauzer) DOG by: D.A.M.S. 2004
Get “the dog”/get a life! ;-)
(The “true” Miniature Schnauzer is known as “The most affectionate dog” and “The dog with the human brain”, if you ever have one, you will know why). This (below)evolved from trying to convince my parents in their golden years to get a dog for their own good (which you might want to share this with your parents), and not just any, but the best one for them! Hopefully this (below) covers every positive factor from my personal experience with all of them that I had/have. Don’t forget to note what the bottom line is.

#1. Home alarm system (cheapest and more effective) in that man’s systems can go wrong for some reason, a dog is always on alert even if sick (doesn’t need electricity, or a switch to turn on). And they can detect intruders before an alarm can.
#2. If a guest should wander throughout your house when you are occupied, you will hear where they are by the noise of your watchdog’s collar (they are curiously nosy too!)
#3. Safety factor, if spouse (or anyone else in your home) drops to the floor, they run frantically back and forth, howling and screeching until acknowledged!!!
#4. Keeps you company, you’ll never be accused of talking to yourself!
#5. They love and respect you no matter what.
#6. Receive daily, many kisses and they crave to be near/with you.
#7. Keeps you healthy, moving around a little more without realizing it, adds more exercise for health.
#8. They are humorous! They deliberately make you laugh by doing some pretty funny things, some how they know it makes you happy, which tends to keep you in good spirits! …and (they know) them too.
#9. The size of a baby, but the brain of an adult, never ceases to amaze you!
#10. The sense of a nurturing lifestyle (the parent/child feeling) comes back to you as if young again.
#11. Very interesting it is to see how much communication you can make together.
#12. Talking piece, they amuse others.
#13. Occupies young guests, entertainment for them (saves you on providing toys for them).
#14. You’ll always be/feel loved and needed.
#15. Being able to hug and kiss at any given time (whenever the urge) without being considered “weird”, “coming on to”, or “wanting something”, and the recipient left grateful is just wonderful, and fulfilling.
#16. It is healthy too, to see yourself as loving (your children also need this experience, to better their opinion of themselves) it is a fact of life, and most needed, whether we want to believe it or not.
#17. As incense fills the air, a sense of warmth and love is sure to fill your home!
#18. Food doesn’t go to waste, saving you on: guilt of pitching leftovers, and dog food.
#19. If you accidentally drop or spill something, an automatic vacuum is available, even in places you don’t see.
#20. They cause an inner satisfaction that helps thwart depression and other things harmful to yourself.
#21. Keep you warm at night, and your lap or feet in winter and on other cold days throughout the year.
#22. A companion to take walks with.
#23. If, and when someone close to you (in your home) dies, through the gloomy days they are a soothing comfort to have around, makes it easier in suffering the loss.
#24. Their innocence and sweetness brings into your home the like of an angelic presence.
#25. As what a kiss and hug does to the welcoming of visitors…THEY melt the hearts they are around, and soften them up for a better atmosphere.
#26. Whether accompanying you on trips or not, they give you an excuse/escape to get going and not stay too long.
#27. In case there is smoke or even fire, they can save your life! When they sense danger, they bark until acknowledged!
#28. They are very protective, they warn any stranger to beware or else! LOL! …then (nothing), all talk no show or else they pinch the intruders arm with their teeth! (the mini pincher in the genes)
#29. They never offend you, you can love and kiss on them and they actually love it!!! They don’t push you away, or avoid you because of it, in fact they tend to stick around for more.
#30. Any selfish person learns quickly the virtue of giving when sharing a bit of food with them (great teaching tool for children!).
#31. The cute “puppy look” that makes everyone want to hold it never ends, and it helps prevent abuse to your sweetie pie.
#32. A piece of heaven, gets the mind off yourself and your troubles. As you probably can see all of the contributing factors in having not just a pet, but a mini-schnauzer, it’s better than any medicine.
“Mini-Schnauzer”? Yes! (typically all of the above). Any other dog? No! (absolutely no guarantee).

ChiefWIFEcopMOM said:
Doesn't sound like YOU are a dog lover, just a "collector" ...of piles!
You might want to try being coherent. I guess I'm supposed to be insulted, but really, considering the source . . . :rolleyes:

I'm actually a bit embarrassed for you. I'm also a bit curious; are you as bigotted about people as you present yourself to be about dogs?

Last edited:

Members online