Pit Bulls ears

Hey all. I have a question for you all.
How come some pits ears are always pointy and some look like a regular staffs ears...?

It seems cruel but someone suggested to me they were clipped.:eek:

R

rottiegirl

If I am not mistaken, pit ears have been cropped ever since the breed was invented/made.

R

RedyreRottweilers

American Staffordshire Terriers and American Pit Bull Terriers may have cropped ears or natural ears.

Staffordshire Bull Terriers are never cropped, nor are Bull Terriers.

However, the short pointed upright ear you are describing is yes, the result of cropping the ear.

joce

I love the cropped look on pitties:D Don't see how it would be any more "cruel" than it was on my dobe.

B33CPE

People make their pitbulls ears small and pointy by cutting them. What is sad is that most of the time people do it by themsselves with a razor blade and alcohol. All pit bulls ears would be floppy if the owners didnt cut them, check out the picture on www.akc.org for the american staffordshire terrier, his ears look cut.

I have to say I prefer the floppy-eared look on pits...I just don't like the cropped look on "smooshy faced" breeds, like boxers and pits. I would love to own a boxer some day...hopefully brindle, docked, natural ears.

joce

But all dogs ears would be pointy and erect if we had not bred floppy into them:p

And good owners do not cut ears themselves,that is ridiculous(I cna't spell). the dogs that get ears cut by there owners are the ones who are going to be fought and live a horrible sad life. Ears do not relate to the bad life though,its the dumb owners.

Members online

No members online now.