Dogue De Bordeaux Bloodlines

B33CPE

How important are good bloodlines when buying a dogue de bordeaux? and what are the bloodlines I should look for? I have found a couple places i have considered buying from. ONe place has AKC/FSS registered Dogues that are champion sired, and the sire is imported from belgium and has additional champions in his pedigree. THe other has very good looking puppies (very red with red faces, which i love) she is working on the AKC/FSS registration, and the pups have Riverbend Beefsteak, Park Avenue Tutt of North Place and Hilltop Beefy T Bad boy in their pedigrees. I also Know that hip testing is a must. I am trying to find out as much information as i can about these dogs before i buy one (pups wont be ready for a month or two anyway) because this dog is going to be part of my family for its entire life, and i want one that will be healthy and even tempered.

Even if you cant answer my questions about the bloodlines, share any other information or personal experiences you have with Dogues i would appreciate it.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
-Mark Twain

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney

Members online

No members online now.