peanut butter + Kong (I dont know where to put this)

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
Ok so I know that dogs like peanut butter and kongs... I have both available but I am worried about one thing... wont the peanut butter get all over the carpet? I was thinking of making a mixture of Maya's dog food and peanut butter and stuffing her kong for her to chew on... but I am afraid it will make a gooey mess on the carpet....
Would it helped if I froze the kong and peanut butter/kibble mixture?

Maxy24

Well you can freeze it and that works well, but of course it will melt eventually. Your best bet is to let her have it in the kitchen :) Unless your kitchen also has carpet and then just find a place without carpet.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
so it will or it wont make a sticky gooey mess on the carpet...
I would love for her to have it in the living room with us, the only times she is in the kitchen is when she eats (and drinks her water) and on the way outside and inside...

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
i put it in Ruckus's kong and he has it on the carpet. no pb on the carpet, it goes directly from the kong to his tounge

goldiefur

I put a towel down and let my dog eat the Kong on that. If he moves I take the kong away and put it back on the towel he got the idea real quick to stay on the towel.:D

Mac'sMom

I do the same thing. Put a towel or something on the carpet and then give him the kong. I also freeze it because he's teething. Mac absolutely loves it. It's his favorite thing and it has never gotten on anything.

daaqa

lurking near the surface
if anything gets on the carpet here, sylvie sucks it right up. i probably just need to shampoo the carpet every so often. it doesn't get sticky though that i have noticed.

Saje

Island dweller
Depends on the peanut butter I think. Mine doesn't. It also depends on how warm it is and how quickly they eat it. Lots of factors. Feed in the kitchen if you are worried!

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
hmm I doubt Maya would keep the kong on the towel... I will freeze the Kong and let her have it tomorrow.

Charliesmommy

I run with scissors
I always give Charlie his on the carpet and he's never gotten a spot of peanut butter on the carpet. Like someone else said, goes directly from kong to tongue!

Members online

No members online now.