Puli Power!

jason_els

Hey all,

I'm visiting a breeder on Monday to meet their pulik and help me decide if a puli is right for me. I've done my reasearch but thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with the breed and what you find makes them unique. I've become mildly interested in doing agility training with a dog and am making an effort to learn more about it. Agility looks like a good way to give a dog a job and exercise the dog (and me too!). Pulik are known to be good at agility and was one of the reasons I was attracted to them.

I'd appreciate any contributions. Thank you!

No experience here, but my main concern when considering them was the coat!

The one thing I disliked about puli is that some accounts have them taking days to dry out if they get fully wet. If I can't convince myself to not jump in the lake, how would I keep a puli warm and dry?

I dont believe the Puli gets very wet simply by a dip in the lake unless they spend loooooong amounts of time in the water. I believe for them to get thoroughly wet it would have to be from a bath where you purposefully lift and part the cords to get at the skin. Just like with the Sibes, when they go swimming thier skin stays dry.

Members online