Dehydrated liver in RAW diet?

AliciaD

On second thought...
Duncan is a pain in the @$$ when it comes to raw liver. He really doesn't like the stuff. I've chopped it up small and hidden it in cat food, I've tried liver from different animals (Cameron doesn't like chicken liver, but loves beef liver), I've tried offering it to him several times a day when he is hungriest, I've tried running it under warm water to warm it up.

Zip, zilch, nada.

I can get him to eat it if I hide it in cat food, but it's such a hassle cutting it so small (maybe my knives suck?) and I'm leaving for college so I want a really easy solution for my parents.

Dehydrated liver has the same nutrients right? Can if be substituted to for a well-balanced raw diet? He will eat liver treats (the little *******) and he will work for them so it would be nice if I could save the raw for Cameron and use the dehydrated for Duncan.

If it is okay, does anyone know what raw liver weighs when dehydrated? Like he is supposed to get 60g of raw liver, but how much when it's dehydrated?

I could get a dehydrator... $$$

Duncan, I love you, but you give Mama grey hairs.

monkeys23

I know a lot of people who use the green tripe/organ mix from greentripe.com to fool their dogs who don't like organ meat. Just throwing that out there in case searing doesn't work.

Members online

No members online now.