RIP my sweet Destiny

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
It is through tears I tell yuo that our dear sweet Destiny passed away last night.

It was her time. I know it was a miracle we had her for the time we did. Borrowed cherished time. When she came it was b/c her owner couldnt put her down..she was given to us b.c they knew we could make that hard choice. B.c sometimes I feel like I am given certain animals just to provide them with a loving place to pass. But Destiny had a spark in her one moving eye. Thats the hope we held on to. It was amazing to live through. Everyday just seeing her walk was a wonder. And it was something I never grew tired of. Just seeing this goat that was never supposed to walk let alone be alive..up and playing around. It was a gift.

Destiny is in heaven now..she is no longer hindered..she can dance.. I know she is up there demanding Gods full attention. ME ME ME...that my Destiny. She is running..prancing..Dancing. No Crooked Jaw..no Weak Immune system. No more needles no more meds. Just peace.

Destiny was laying weird when we went to check them in the evening. But could get up and walk. She had been being her normal trooper self all day long...being a pest that is:D But last night her eyes had lost her spark. She wasnt in any pain. She just went to sleep. She passed a lil after 1 am.

Cooper my lil foster goat had been fully adopted by Destiny, She coudnt have babies of her own...had never been a mommy but she just took to Cooper right off. Slept with him. ate and Played with him. Destiny was the only one to accept him...And he was finally happy to have a real mommy...with Bottles inbetween. Cooper is sad but he will be ok.

In Memory of Our Destiny...

YouTube - Destiny_0001.wmv

Mandie

Giny

That video has me all choked up! What a great thing you did.

RIP little one.

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
Ty she is well missed there will never be another goat like her she was so quirky.

Trying to prepare ahead as my other two goats Peace and Annie are due in the next few weeks. The insanity of preparing and having everything perfect. Im going to try video both.

Its weird stepping outside and not having her demanding my attention. When she was in a coma I would sit and read her books aloud. She loved it. and came to love my voice and respond to any sound I made with her weird verbal noises. Its sad having one less goat to take out of the barn in the morning and put out to pasture. One less to put up for the night. she was My Baby. And I learned alot through her life.

Mandie

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I don't know how I missed this. She had such a glorious spirit, an inspiration to us all.
Run free, jump and climb high pretty girl, you earned it with your persistence and good will.
You sure did right by her NG.

Members online