Heartwrenching experience. ADOPTING. *Fingers crossed*

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
I've NEVER been to a shelter this bad. I'm in Illinois, and have been volunteering at the McDonough county animal shelter for the past 3 days. It just WRENCHES my da*n heart. It hurts soo bad to see these dogs and I cannot adopt them. Their kennels are dirty, its soo loud in there. They've got two blind Dalmatians with 'DO NOT TOUCH.' on their cage because they "PROBABLY BITE" according to some of the "pro's" at the shelter *ROLLS EYES!*. I walked BOTH of them and they do not show ANY sign of aggresion nor have they ever shown any aggresion. Now my grandma, who I'm staying with, could adopt one small dog IF she'd give in. Now I've told her that the dog needs her. I asked her to imagine how the dog would feel after spending weeks at the shelter to come and sleep in a bed being pet all night, walked in the morning and having a good breakfast. Playing in the yard, etc. I mean, just imagine how that dog would feel. OVERWHELMED with joy. That's how. I just have this feeling inside that's saying my grandma NEEDS the dog and the dog NEEDS her.

This is the dog, a full grown Lab mix [Staffy, I see]. Perfect size, perfect tempermant. And nobody wants her =( Don't know why..she's a wonderful little dog.

Now if she ^^ finds a home, there's a Basset x Lab named Stormy who had been abused and just cowers at you. She's a bit big, though so I don't know if Stormy will have as much of a chance of getting adopted by my Grandma was the little Lab x Staffy would.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED AND PRAY THAT MY GRANDMA WILL ADOPT THE LITTLE LAB x STAFFY GIRL!!!! Don't forget cause this is realllly important..

I REALLY want to see the little girl get adopted as well as my Grandma have a good companion. I think this dog is PERFECT for my Grandma.

Euthanized today. "Rose"

I have tonnnns more pictures but can't post them until I go home in a week or two. For now, that's it.

Well, I'll post a fewww more.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
My favorite!! Black & white pittie. Abused in past but WONDERFUL dog. 5 mo.

Named "Freddie". He responds well to it!

BTW, I named the little Lab x Staffy I'm hoping my Grandma will adopt "Shelly" but may rename her if she is adopted by my Grandma.

bubbatd

It really depends on how old your Grandmother is , if she wants a dog and if you'll help out during the adjustment period . We can't save them all .

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Obviously we can't save them all. But I'm smart enough to know that if my grandma couldn't handle it, I'd be able to tell. But she's sixty, and walks and jogs every morning, afternoon, and evening and loves to hike. She's very active, lol. She needs a dog ;)

And I try to get as many dogs adopted as possible, into the homes right for them, of coruse..

Kayota

That one black one isn't getting adopted for one simple fact: People do not like solid black dogs. It's sad. People are SCARED of my dogs because they are black.

wishbone

Did your grandma able to see her? I imagine how her heart breaks when she see that poor little angel, crossing fingers for her and your grandma.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Did your grandma able to see her? I imagine how her heart breaks when she see that poor little angel, crossing fingers for her and your grandma.
Yup. Shelly's her favorite.

Thanks for the finger crossing!

That one black one isn't getting adopted for one simple fact: People do not like solid black dogs. It's sad. People are SCARED of my dogs because they are black.
I've heard that before. What a horrific fact :(

Members online

No members online now.