I Don't Deserve This But....

DanL

My trainer (not the working club we are doing, but the one who is the director of K9 cops for the county police whose classes we've been going to for over a year) has again asked me to come help him run classes. He's got so many students that he has to run beginners and advanced concurrently. He asked me and a woman (she's real good) who I've been going to the advanced classes with to run the advanced class for him on Saturday mornings. He'll be running the beginners on the other side of the paddock. He wants me to bring Gunnar and teach the class in a lead by example way, and to help show people how if they stick with it that their dogs will keep getting better and better. I'm flattered and honored that he asked, because I am in no way a trainer like some of the people around here are. He says he likes my confidence with my dog and that is most of the issue with people, and if I can help teach that, then they are going to get better. He'll be right there, and the advanced class is usually real small, maybe a half dozen dogs. All it is is running over the basic class with the dogs gradually going off leash, with longer distances on stays, more distractions etc. I'll leave my stave at home I guess! :) So now I'll never sleep in again, with training on both weekend mornings.

DanL

That it is. Look how late it is now and I'll be up by 6am tomorrow. A word to the wise- never underestimate the power of a 30 minute nap after work! :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Wow! Congrats Dan! Keep us updated!

After-work naps have been my undoing...I've had to wean myself off of them and that was almost worse than giving up caffeine cold turkey. ;)

Members online

No members online now.