Auggie just peed on my floor

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Thankfully, since when I made this post, we have not had any peeing in the house incidents. Honestly if he had not peed in the house that one night, I wouldn't have any inkling that anything was wrong. I've been trying to watch the colour of his urine but it will go from clear to yellow then back to clear, so I don't always trust that as a barometer.

He is neutered and I am wondering if there's not something related to that, but more specifically I think it's because he was cryptorchid. The doc I used at the time made it sound URGENT that he was neutered right away. I put it off as long as I could (with her breathing down my neck that it was URGENT) and he was neutered at 8 months, earlier than I would have liked for sure. So she had to go digging around to find his undescended testicle and I wonder if that didn't do something that we are dealing with the fallout of now. He doesn't leak though... we had issues with peeing in the house last year when he was still running around with those six bladder stones rumbling around, but since then we've only had this occurrence and one other time: the evening after the day he was squatting but wasn't peeing, I came home and flushed him with dinner, and he was downstairs sleeping, woke up, stood up, and peed out a TON of water. =P

He had full blood work done before his cystotomy last year; Doc doesn't think it's his kidneys because nothing on the blood work indicated anything going on there. Doesn't mean nothing is going on there of course, but I would think that would produce the same problem rather than his pH being low one time then high the next and all over. The fact that he is not having an exact re-occurrence but instead just persistent problems of one type or another that all happen to be bladder/urinary related is what makes this so frustrating... =/

I'm not gonna look too far into possible causes right now since the first one I saw said CANCER and I'm going to pretend that's impossible and Auggie is immortal.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I left Auggie behind at the vet so they can do an ultrasound. I had to sign a piece of paper that says if anything happens, YES, I do want them to try and resuscitate my dog.
ugh.

They are doing an ultrasound, full bloodwork, and running another culture which they can do right there. The benefits of taking him to a full university hospital - I will have all my results today. He's actually going in for ultrasound right now as I type this. I'm leaving work in an hour to go back and pick him up. I hope there is good news. Or just... news. Just something. An answer would be nice.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
And the results are...
nothing.

Nothing is wrong with Auggie. Seriously... nothing.

I have no idea what to think anymore.

Members online

No members online now.