which dog sheds more..aussie or border collie

Fandogg

I've read that the aussie sheds a lot more then the border collie. just wondering if this is true in people personal experience and by how much?

RD

Are you dead yet?
Hmm, my Border Collie hardly sheds at all.
Granted I do pick a BC hair off of me here and there but it's not extreme. He's not groomed to the max, either, he gets brushed a couple times a week and bathed monthly (or whenever he's totally filthy)
I've never had an Aussie but I'd imagine they shed as well, especially since they have been taken over and bred for show, and now have a TON of coat on them.

Either breed's shedding can be controlled though.

Fandogg

re

man nobodys responding. im really having a hard time deciding between the aussie and the border collie. need some help

I've never owned an Aussie either, but with their coats they probably do shed quite a bit every now and then.

Spring has sprung and my girl is shedding. She has a pretty short coat (except for on her chest, ears, legs and belly, and back-end), but brushing doesn't help much, just blows it in my face an all over my clothes ;).

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
My aussie doesn't shed so much. I would say average. He didn't hardly shed at all when we brought him home and for the first few months but the beginning of spring he shed really bad, now it is back to a few hairs here and there. He has a shorter coad then average so that may have something to do with the amount of hair I see lying around. Aussies (I am told, never owned a full blooded border collie) are the calmer of the two. I can attest that Sunny is a good deal less hyper then my old dog hunter who we suspect was a bc X. So that could maybe help in your decision. Not to say he will just lay there all day but he doesn't need to be gogogogogogogogogo all of the time now that he deems himself all grown up. :rolleyes: :D goodluck with your choice you will be happy and proud to own either if you train them well.

Members online

No members online now.