25 Emaciated Sled Dogs Rescued in Alaska.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
While I agree that this is pretty horrible, I do wish you didn't post it with the underlying implication that it's related to sled dogs. If these dogs had been in somebody's basement and were toy poodles and had never heard of a sled, you wouldn't have paid any attention. But put them on a sled team or on a tether and now summitview takes notice.

This is a case of animal cruelty. Period.

Agreed... now... whos going to come destroy this stupid mouse in my condo. I think it's become clear that Goober will have nothing to do with the stupid thing. Anyone???

You kill my mouse and I will present you with a nice glass of wine... mmmmm wine... I'm drinking my blackstone merlot right now... it's pretty satisfying....

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Agreed... now... whos going to come destroy this stupid mouse in my condo. I think it's become clear that Goober will have nothing to do with the stupid thing. Anyone???

You kill my mouse and I will present you with a nice glass of wine... mmmmm wine... I'm drinking my blackstone merlot right now... it's pretty satisfying....
I will send you Ares. Ya know, corgis are excellent mousers. :D

Dekka

Just try me..
You can't beat a JRT for mousing. And mine eat the mouse too, so no clean up! So pass me some wine :D

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I've got an idea. Let's just make it a HUGE party. We'll all sit around and laugh and drink wine... meanwhile the animals will go nuts over the mouse. It's genious.

J's crew

While I agree that this is pretty horrible, I do wish you didn't post it with the underlying implication that it's related to sled dogs. If these dogs had been in somebody's basement and were toy poodles and had never heard of a sled, you wouldn't have paid any attention. But put them on a sled team or on a tether and now summitview takes notice.

This is a case of animal cruelty. Period.
Alot of people are more passionate about one issue. Obviously sled dogs are hers. Mine is maily Rottweilers. Some go for dog fighters. It IS animal cruelty, and it's being told by someone who follows sled dogs.

Dekka

Just try me..
Alot of people are more passionate about one issue. Obviously sled dogs are hers. Mine is maily Rottweilers. Some go for dog fighters. It IS animal cruelty, and it's being told by someone who follows sled dogs.
But dog fighting is illegal and cruel period. Dog sledding is NOT. Yes there are bad people in any group, so some sled dogs are victims of cruelty. But it is erroneous to postulate a correlation where none exists.

Thats as bad as saying all pitties are dangerous (all sled dog owners are abusive and need summitview to save their dogs)

Does this dog look in any way malnourished or mistreated?

heck he loves his job so much you stick a novice (my 7 year old son) in the sled and he runs for the sheer pleasure of running.

Summitview would like to stop this dog from doing what he loves best. (well also stop people like me from breeding dogs apearantly too...and most other people on chaz who breed. Only people who are wealthy, have large fenced yards..scratch that-AR type that likely supports the abolition of pets as a whole)

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Sounds good. Now does Ares like wine? LOL... or are you going to come drink his glass while he tends to the mouse?
I have no doubt he would drink wine. I certainly will not be accompanying him, nor will I be supplying a return address :p

You can't beat a JRT for mousing.
That's one reason why I think there's common ancestry between corgis and JRT's...and since no one is 100% sure of corgi ancestry, it very well could be.

J's crew

But dog fighting is illegal and cruel period. Dog sledding is NOT. Yes there are bad people in any group, so some sled dogs are victims of cruelty. But it is erroneous to postulate a correlation where none exists.

Thats as bad as saying all pitties are dangerous (all sled dog owners are abusive and need summitview to save their dogs)

heck he loves his job so much you stick a novice (my 7 year old son) in the sled and he runs for the sheer pleasure of running.

Summitview would like to stop this dog from doing what he loves best. (well also stop people like me from breeding dogs apearantly too...and most other people on chaz who breed. Only people who are wealthy, have large fenced yards..scratch that-AR type that likely supports the abolition of pets as a whole)
For the record I have no problem with dog sledding.

summitview stated on the first page after being questioned that her reason for this thread to get help for those dogs in particular. :)

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
For the record I have no problem with dog sledding.

summitview stated on the first page after being questioned that her reason for this thread to get help for those dogs in particular. :)
Then why's one of the tags for this thread "Iditarod" when Bartko describes himself as a recreational musher and the only mention of him being a part of that event was in twnety five when he was thrown out.

And if her agenda is help those dogs... why not list what animal shelter they are staying at?

J's crew

Then why's one of the tags for this thread "Iditarod" when Bartko describes himself as a recreational musher and the only mention of him being a part of that event was in twnety five when he was thrown out.

And if her agenda is help those dogs... why not list what animal shelter they are staying at?

Not sure about the tag. Maybe because 25 dogs sounds like a little much for just a recreational musher? IDK, I really have no idea how the tags even work....

And page 2 of this thread has the link to help these dogs. :)

lakotasong

Sled Dog Guardian
Since some people lack the ability to navigate the links provided...

MSB Animal Care and Regulation
680 N. Seward Meridian Parkway
Wasilla, AK 99654
(Edited out Email addresses and phone numbers - Mod)
Don't know how much clearer I can be. :rolleyes:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Since some people lack the ability to navigate the links provided...

MSB Animal Care and Regulation
680 N. Seward Meridian Parkway
Wasilla, AK 99654

Don't know how much clearer I can be. :rolleyes:
Oh you could be much clearer, She Who Lacks The Ability To Answer Direct Questions Asked of Her Repeatedly In Multiple Threads. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Corgi, I was just thinking - maybe Summit's problem is a navigational problem? It might not have anything to do with avoidance and ignorance at all, perhaps she just hasn't figured out how to read threads!

Think we should make a tutorial for her? Just the basic stuff to start with... how to scroll down, the differences between the quoting and replying feature, etc.... more advanced classes can include "Why you look like an imbecile when you ignore questions directed at you and post unrelated gibberish/graphic pictures below them," "How to gracefully back out of a conversation where you have been mercilessly refuted on every point" and "Why starting new threads about the same BS over and over makes you a TROLL!"

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!

Absolutely STUNNING dog.

And I'm not normally a fan of Huskies or Malamutes (which he appears to me, to be). But that's only because I'm not a fan of any long-haired animal (allergies and neat-freakness are to blame. LOL).

Nonetheless, STUNNING.

Members online

No members online now.