Recipes

Gguevara

I figured I could make a thread where people can post proven recipes (for whole meals, treats, whatever) they use and ask questions about others they've been told about,

I got this recipe from the guy I was asking about here (http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t106707/).
A few people told me to stay away from it due to his scam-like site, but what about his actual recipes?

Here's one of them:
"Terrier tuna, egg & cheese supreme"
Ingredients -
1 can flaked tuna in oil, undrained
2 eggs
1 c. whole meal breadcrumbs
1/4 c. grated cheese
Total of 1042 calories

Instructions -
1. Scramble eggs over low heat
2. Add tuna in oil and breadcrumbs and stir together.
3. Melt cheese over mixture
4. Serve cooled

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

BabyDane

Its completely unbalanced as far as a whole diet goes...sounds more like something you would give as a treat, which I think it seems ok. I would stay away from it as far a a whole diet goes.

bubbatd

I've always added something to the dry food ..... just try to balance out .

ACooper

I'd say as a treat it looks tasty :) Might be tempted to eat it myself! :lol-sign:

I cook for my dogs but I keep it simple, LOL, they don't have as many taste buds as we do but their sniffer is WAY more powerful than ours, so as along as it's good for them and SMELLS good.........they'll be happy :D

If you are looking for healthy treats to make for your dog, I recommend a food dehydrator. Slice some sweet potatoes and dehydrate, smoosh up some ground turkey, add a bit of garlic and dehydrate some turkey jerky. Liver, any type of meat really.........dehydrate!

No dehydrator? Add a little peanut butter to some plain yogurt......you can freeze it or give it just the way it is, either way most dogs LOVE IT!

It's not much harder than that.......Just remember to make it SMELL GOOD :D

Shiba Rawr

I made my dogs some simple homemade peanut butter dog treats last weekend. Pete liked them more so then Tobi, but Tobi started to eat them when he saw Pete liked them (Pete's his role-model, haha).

They're not extravagant but I wanted to make dog treats even though we were running low on groceries...Next time I'll make something a bit more special, haha.
Homemade Dog Treat Recipe: Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers

I put a tiny bit of honey on some of them. (Less than a teaspoon total for the entire batch made with the recipe, which is a lot of small sized dog treats!)

I'd be careful though just picking recipes on the internet because I noticed a lot have things in them that dogs shouldn't have. I found a recipe with Macadamia Nuts and NUTMEG! That's TWO 'No's in one recipe! D:

ACooper

I'd be careful though just picking recipes on the internet because I noticed a lot have things in them that dogs shouldn't have. I found a recipe with Macadamia Nuts and NUTMEG! That's TWO 'No's in one recipe! D:
I agree! Sometimes people mean well when they are putting stuff out there, they just didn't do their homework first!

Again, that's why I say keep it simple. Dogs don't care if you've slaved in the kitchen all day long, LOL

Members online

No members online now.