Crate games DVD - opinions?

I thought it was worth it. I have referenced it a couple of time during the training process. A lot of it is common sense, but SG seems to have gotten it down to the quickest, easiest methods to get results.

I think that it is pretty amazing stuff. You probably could do the same thing searching online but it would take you so much longer IMO it's worth the $30. I got lazy and quit the program early however it helped me get my SA dog who would bark until she had no voice left, broke teeth and toes, and tried to get out of the crate until her nose was bloody...quiet and comfortable in the crate. It really is an awesome program, after working with Pebs for a while 'she got it' and I nearly cried the first time she willingly went into her crate by herself! Now were looking into starting agility soon and I'll be dusting off the DVD and working through some of the higher steps in the program to help us along.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I have it and wasn't overly impressed...don't get me wrong it's good info, but it's really just common sense...basically identical to any self-control+shaping exercise and not worth $30. But if you can borrow it or get a good deal on it, it's worth watching :)

If you've seen it by now, I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it.

adojrts

'it's really just common sense', common sense is only common sense if you know part of the answer. And a lot of people don't know how to get self control or how to shaping behaviours.
For those of us that train for a living, compete and have unlimited resources it may not have the 'wow' factor but it still has a lot of good information in it and worth 30 bucks.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Fair point, and to be honest I don't know the OP to judge that fairly...ultimately that's their decision...just my personal view on it. I did not mean to make assumptions or belittle anyone.

Unfortunately, common sense seems to have been bred out of us. Anyone who has gone for counseling realizes a good deal of what you learn is common sense - sometimes it's a matter of being presented with it in a fashion easily understood.

CaliTerp07

I agree with you that nothing in it is rocket science, but it breaks it down really nicely. It's also really nice to have a very clear goal for each day.

Really, any study guide is the same way. Nothing in an SAT prep book is really hard, but people buy the books because it gives them motivation to get through the material in a less overwhelming way.

Members online