American Lo-Sze Pugg???

I found this breed while doing a search. I was looking at a few different breeds since I might be looking for a new dog, but I'm in no rush. Just wondering what you all thought of it? They're not recognized by AKC, obviously. They're a recreation of a supposedly ancient breed. Looks like there's only three breeders? They do list health issues and have a standard they are working for, but it seems kind of iffy:confused: ? They're very cute though. They have the short nose like the pug, but are smaller and are supposedly "average" shedders rather than "heavy," which I like.

http://members.tripod.com/~colt-ashlynn/home.htm
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanloszepugg.htm
http://www.stodghillsarfregistry.com/lo-sze_pugg.htm

I've never heard of it to be honest. Why not just get a Pug? If you're getting a purebred, please get one from a reputable breeder. Know that it's in your best interest to do so. If you're open to it, you can also browse through breed rescues or shelters for one. I'm not sure where you are located, but you can try looking through Petfinder and Pug Rescue. Pug Rescue's links are sorted by state and include some from Australia and Canada.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
First off PUGS DON NOT come in those colors and are obviously mixed with something else actually there is a good chance they are crossed with pekingnese :rolleyes: Stay far AWAY from these BYB's and find a REPUTABLE breeder of a pug :(

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i agree,
From what i can gather they took smaller pugs, added a touch of chihuahua and some peek.

personally i wouldt risk it, seems too desighner for me.

spend the extra time, find a good repuatable breeder of regular pugs. the pug and the peek have enough potential health problems on their own...let alone once mixed.

noludoru

Bored Now.
It seems VERY iffy to me. :( Only three "licensed" breeders? Dogs must come with a sealed stamp of approval? I think that's great... if you're trying to cut down on what's happened to other breeds, but only three breeders is crazy. I'm agreeing with what everyone else has said.. I'd find a breed you like (not neccessarily pugs), maybe something less shed-ful, and find a great breeder there. Anyone who has an underdeveloped breed that's still starting out who is selling you expensive dogs is NOT someone I would trust.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
*rolls eyes*

Yet ANOTHER "small dog fashion statement"..

When is it going to end.. so much mixed breeding of dog breeds that are useful for nothing but a lap warmer..

Not that I have anything against the little toy breeds.. but mixing them for a profit is horrible.

DO NOT get a breed like this..

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
I found out about these mutts about 7 years ago. They are ugly to me, and obviously mixes. Breeders like that will say anything to sell their dogs.

Honestly, I'm no more offended by them than a lot of the new-fangled breeds. I would rather see the attempt to create a new breed than see people just mixing for designer dogs.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I found out about these mutts about 7 years ago. They are ugly to me, and obviously mixes. Breeders like that will say anything to sell their dogs.
Thats about the time I started hearing about them too. And I agree I think they're ugly as all get out.

showpug

Glad you came here to ask ahead of time.

This breed looks like a Pug x Peke x Shi Tzu to me. Three breeds that have vastly different temperaments and characteristics. I would stay away from this so called "breed" and look for someone reputable.

Members online

No members online now.