Small border collies?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
There was a dog at the shelter a little while ago and I was just curious about the possibilities of what breed it could've been. I know this will be one that most likley no one knows but thought I'd ask just to satisfy my curiousity :)

Well it had the black/white coloring and coat length (at least proportionatly) of a border collie, but it was about the size of a small terrier. Really it looked like a border collie with a muzzle being more toy dog (a little thinner than a border collies) but otherwise looked very much like a small border collie. Any guesses?

Toller_08

Maybe a Border Collie/Papillon mix or a Border Collie/JRT mix. Those two mixes are both very popular in my area. I'm not an expert on BCs but I don't think a purebred can be as small as you're describing this dog.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Toller_08 said:
Maybe a Border Collie/Papillon mix or a Border Collie/JRT mix. Those two mixes are both very popular in my area. I'm not an expert on BCs but I don't think a purebred can be as small as you're describing this dog.
lol I didn't think it was a purebred ;) I was just wondering if there was any dog that would look like a border collie, but a lot smaller. It's the size of a small terrier. it's possible that it is a third/fouth generation mutt, but I thought I'd ask anyways :)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
tessa_s212 said:
Could it have been a sheltie? Shelties can come in bi-blacks.
No definetly not a shelter....it was too small. I don't know must've been a mix of some kind, but I swear it looked almost exactly like a border collie.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Bo-jack (BC/JRT) Very commonly bred for flyball, and very commonly surrendered due to their energy and intensity.

Members online

No members online now.