homeless can you use this

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
here is an illustration i did for a woman that ordered something i sent and then didnt' pay for it...i did it as a card and i thought maybe you could use it as a fund raiser for your shelter..if so..i have one little place to fix where there was fire damage..and then i could scan and send you the permission to have it for a Christmas card..let me know
same goes for mary supermarket..i did it just for fun..would be a reminder on how much work a litter of puppies can be

Attachments

That's a great idea, Smkie!

And if you'd like, Homeless, I'll see if I can come up with a Christmas verse for the card. Selling packs of the cards would make a wonderful fund raiser.

Aww, smkie, thank you! Those are adorable. I love them. Yeah, I could see using them as a fundraiser for the shelter! They would probably be great as Christmas cards. And we're also having an auction/sale next month and I bet they'd find good uses for them there too. Hmm. :)
Thanks!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
all for you love..just pm me your address and i will send the art to you in tiff because the resolution is better...if you can't use that format..then i will send it jpg as well. I will fix the little spot that has fire damage ( i was amazed it survived) and rescan. hope it helps the cause!
ps..renee..my mind is already working on it.

LOL, Smkie - can you tell I've been an instigator my whole life? :D

If you don't mind, send me an attachment of the sledding dogs in a little larger picture so I can really get into those faces and get some inspiration . . . I'll have a verse for those cards!

Just for giggles, here are a couple. I did the Jack Russell verse about my sister's little Jack Russell Terror . . . You can guess who the first one is about! ;)

Wreck the halls with puppies playing,
Fa la la la la ~ la la la la

Tear down curtains, cushions, ev?rything,

Down we now the kitchen trash can,
Fa la la ~ la la la ~ la la la

Oops, there goes the dinner ham,

Braec's Song

Dashing through the house
A frenzied JRT ~

O'er the couch I go,
Yapping all the way ~

White bob-tail held straight
showing my delight

What fun it is to chase and bark
at Jingle Ball all night!

Jingle Balls, jingle balls,
Chase them down the hall ~

Oh what fun it is to run
o'er anyone in the way ~ hey!

Jingle balls, jingle balls,
Chase them down the hall ~

Oh what fun it is to run
o'er anyone in the way ~ hey!

I've got one I'm working on that's a takeoff on Edgar Allen Poe's "Annabelle Lee" called . . . . "My Annabelle's Flea"

Okay, you can all groan now! :D

Thanks smkie, I've sent you a PM.

And Renee, those verses are awesome.. too funny!. You guys are very talented around here.
:)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i will get that one cleaned up and sent to u this afternoon..hope it helps! I had that Mary image in my head for no particular reason..but after i posted the first one..i thought hey..that might drive the point home..people do not realize just how much work a litter really is..there is room for type on it..so if you want anything put on like your shelter name or a phrase either i can..or you can if you have photoshop..let me know

You know, there's a lot of artistic talent here. There's no reason it wouldn't be possible to put together a Chazhound member-driven set of greeting cards that members affiliated with rescue and shelter organizations could use for fund-raising purposes . . .

Saje

Island dweller
That's true Renee. And an excellent idea. I've never had cards printed before. I suppose it's pretty easy to have that done though, eh? (Yes I AM Canadian. :) )

Well I'd be up for that. Can we use photography? I've got some neat pictures. One I have in mind is of one of my horses. :D

Saje

Island dweller
I have some nature ones from around here that I bet people from this area would by since they love their home.

Saje

Island dweller
Thanks. That's my horse pasetyna. For some reason I have two great photos of her backlit with the sun shining around her like that. She's very photogenic. :D

So, what's the next step.

Do you think with my shelter I can sell cards and then insist that the money goes towards the spaying/neutering of animals that get adopted? The city gives them food... and the spca helps them with toys and stuff like that. I'd like to be able to get more animals fixed.

Saje

Island dweller
I like this one too. I didn't take it Steve's mom did but I'm sure she wouldn't mind me using it.

Saje

Island dweller
Well. I've got lots. I won't fill this thread with them or you'll probably get annoyed. LOL I know. I'll set up a gallery to view. :D

Members online