My next Dobe

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
They look like very good people and has some very gorgeous dogs My favorites were Desert Flame, Dexter Von Frackenhorst, Born To Run, and Lady Liz I think you have made a fine choice

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
RP (Repo Man) is an AMAZING dobe.

Jazz is RP's Great Grand Pup but I want a more direct pup.

They are a really well respected breeder, but I am willing to wait and prove I am "worthy" of one of their dogs

Doberluv

RP is my Dobe, Lyric's grandsire. Little Big Man is his sire and Crestline's (Mary's friend) Indian Princess is Lyric's mom. RP died not too long ago....some freak thing, not genetic apparently. So sad. He was an amazing dog and #1 in the country, I believe more than once. She got breeder of the year award and her lines are lovely, I agree.

I live about 5 or 6 hours from where she lives. I actually got Lyric from her friend, Klobar Dobermans, who shares the same lines. Mary Rogers friend (Crestline) in the vicintiy who breeds with her lines. So, there are three people there, who are friends and work together. It's pretty neat.

Karen Klobachur (Klobar Dobermans) raises her pups right in her kitchen and she is a neat lady. When I went to pick up Lyric, several times she'd be on her hands and knees scrubbing the poopy floor with some disinfectant while the puppies were all jumping all over her back and biting her. LOL. She was so good natured and rather loud. She just had this sort of boistrous personality. LOL. The pups were not one iota shy, little hellions. And she dearly loved them. They had good socialization.

Lyric is a wonderful example of the breed...such a nice temperament and very good looking. (LOL...of course, he's my baby and I'm biased) And after I described what I was looking for in a Doberman, Karen chose just the right one for me. I didn't want an overly drivey Doberman, but wanted mainly a pet, but one who could still have enough drive for certain types of "jobs." I wanted a little more laid back Dobe (if there ever is such a thing. LOL) and he really is pretty mellow at times.

Anyhow....good luck. Let us know what you discover. I guess our dogs are cousins of some sort.

B

brock23

The patriarch of the family Sun Hawk is one of the greatest looking dobes I have ever seen.

Doberluv

Oh, btw.....LOL! If you go to Klobar Dobermans, you'll see a picture she's stuck in there of my sister when she was visiting here, my dog Lyric when he was a pup, a Chihuahua or two and my nieces dog. I sent her some pictures and she used that one. Not a very good one of Lyric. You can hardly see him. It just cracked me up. I've sent her better and more recent pictures of Lyric, but she hasn't changed her website. LOL.

Yes, Sun Hawk was amazing. The Dutch breeding in the background is very good...some good longevity and health.

As far as the current stars, along with Little Big Man and others, I really like Born to Run. He's very handsome, and is suppose to have a great temperament. And apparently has turned out some lovely pups.

doberkim

Naturally Natural
id be very concerned over health testing in marys lines -s he does very little.

mary was just featured in DD last issue

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
I dont get Doberman Digest. :(

I want the lines, not nessisarily the breeder. Im still looking around though, and doing research.

What I really want to get into in a strong working line, that can show.

doberkim

Naturally Natural
well, if the lines are FROm that breeder, that means that if she does little health testing, the breedings are coming from dogs with... well...little health testing

if you want a working line, marienburg is not the line i would be looking at.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
yeah, Im not sure yet what I want.

Im still researching yet. I whont be ready to purchase untill about a yr.

Im also looking at Cara Dobermans. I know two extreems, but some of Cara dobes have CH's. They are a working dobe

http://www.caradobe.com/

doberkim

Naturally Natural
rays dobes are very different from marienburg lines - and most of rays dogs do not currently have titles in the US because while he DID start with both american and euro lines, he is mostly working euro lines at this point.

i think before you even consider which breede ryou want, you need to get the dog you have first, figure out what its like to be owned by a doberman, and later decide what you want in a dog and what is important to you. what you want now is certainly not what you would want in 2-3 years, i can guarantee that.

its been 4 years that i have been waiting for a doberman puppy because of my own lifestyle and when it is right to bring in a doberman, and i am still shifting through the enormous number of breeders available to figure out which one will be right for me.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
I know, thats why I am still doing research.

Im not going to "apply" to any breeders for about a year. By then I should have a farily doog idea what I want.

doberkim

Naturally Natural
even a year from now is too soon - your dog is going to be a puppy for a VERY long time - dobes are slow-maturing dogs.

jazz isnt even home yet, i would give it at lEAST until she is 2 or so before even considering bringing a dog home - especially if you want to show jazz. focus on the one you are getting now. the last thing anyone needs is two young dobermans at once, ESPECIALLY since you still have a beagle puppy at home.

Members online

No members online now.