Chicken-Wrapped Banana Treats?...

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
My friend Grace bought the boys some treats today (like the good Godmother she is)... they're made by Dogwise, and they are slices of bananas wrapped in dried chicken. I was weirded out at first, but Gonzo and Fozzie LOVE them. I thought they were too funny not to share. ; )

Look at the pitiful faces!... I am so mean.

"What... the?..."

"Mmmm can I has more, pls?"

A close-up of the weirdness. The banana part isn't hard like dried bananas, it's soft.

Sorry the lighting is SO bad. I didn't realize, until I uploaded them.

BostonBanker

Meg LOVES the Dogwise treats (I usually get her the Breathies or the chicken wrapped around apples). Someone here recently pointed out that the fine, fine print on the bottom of the bag says "Made in China". I've never had a problem with them, but haven't had the nerve to buy them since then.

I do think it is weird - they are sold at the really nice petfood stores around here, which don't normally sell the 'scary' brands.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Gah. I didn't even notice!

The bag says the chicken is cage-free, hormone-free, byproduct-free and antibiotic-free... and it seems like a really good company, from the website. You would think they'd be made in the USA, for the price! Sheesh.

I'm not that worried, to be honest. I usually don't feed them anything made in China, but these seem to be really high quality.

Members online