African Dwarf Frogs

So, anyone have experience or information on these guys? I had one years ago and loved him, but never really learned much about it. I have been googling throughout the day but am not finding much quality info

I am going to be starting to stock my sons 20g soon and he really liked the little buggers. I know they *can* go in a community tank but a big issue is feeding. I am now feeding Repashy food so I am assuming that would help take care of that (if I can find a formula that is appropriate for their nutritional needs)?

I am debating shrimp.....obviously cherries can fit in their mouth but lots of reports say they are not good hunters and slow so I may chance it with some blue velvets. Amanos I am thinking would likely be safe.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I haven't had any personally, but I've really researched them as I thought about getting some after a friend committed suicide. (For the last few months of her life she had and loved AFDs and I heard all about them).

They do best in a species tank, and cannot be kept with other reptiles. Fish can be bullies to them, and they carry many diseases that can kill fish.

OK I'll write more when I get to work. Its cold.

Members online

No members online now.