i'm concerned..

ohmai

Yesterday evening my dad had a bbq at our house, and I'm worried that the guests fed my puppy chicken bones and such at the bbq. I don't know, because I was at work, but I came home to find him have diarheea last night and this morning. I'm worried that, if he had eaten chicken bones, that it punctured his stomache.. Could the diarrhea be beause of the chicken.?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
it could possible be. What did your dad use on the chicken? If he used BBQ sauce then it possibly could have upset the tummy. Just plain chicken shouldn't upset the tummy but if there was BBQ sauce or marinade that might make the puppy a little sick. Plus it depends on how much the puppy actually ate. You might ask your dad if he saw anyone feed the puppy chicken bones, or chicken.

Fran27

Just make sure there is no blood in the stools. If you see any, take him to the vet right away. I wish people would know better :(

ohmai

I'm not sure, my dad's not home right now, but I'm guessing he probably did. Just like some garlic or something on the chicken. My dad told me that our puppy had alot of chicken to eat, because there were so many guests, they just kept giving it to him.

As for his stools, I haven't noticed any blood. Just some orangy stuff, pretty sure it's not blood though.

Yeeah.. I'm so worried about him right now, and I have to go to work again in a few hours, so I can't check on how he is later. But he's been acting normal, just his diarrhea is abnormal.

Oh yeah, and how does alcohol and dogs go together? bad?

Fran27

Probably not too good, but nothing dangerous as long as they don't drink a whole bottle I would think...

ohmai

Ookay, yeah. My parents tend to give the puppy about a drop or so of beer when they're buzzed or something; not often. My pup also just loves licking those wine bottles :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.