What would you do with $550 million?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
1. Buy Josh and I both nice, long lasting vehicles.

2. Go to school for Rangeland Management out in Wyoming.

3. Buy a small cattle ranch in Wyoming.

4. Buy a horse and begin roping/ranch versatility lessons with a skilled trainer.

5. Buy Josh a cool mud truck/Jeep, a Harley or a Honda Shadow, and a nice setup for putting up hay.

6. Invest money intelligently so that we don't HAVE to work and can live comfortably.

7. Donate moneys to research, shelters/rescues (both equine and K9), and hospitals.

8. Send my sister to school. Set my mom up for life. Give moneys to Josh's family.

crazedACD

After gifting some to immediate family members, I would live off it. Buy a modest house with good facilities for the horses and dogs, I probably wouldn't pursue much else. I'd probably be at dog and horse shows like year round :rofl1:.

I would like to open a dog training facility with different arenas for different sports, dock diving pool, sheepies for herding, and so forth. Not sure if I would actually want to open it to the public if I could afford it though :rofl1:.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Pay off any debt.
Buy a new car and house - deck out said house.
Agility classes and trials for life.
Acquire farm animals (goats and donkeys yeah!!)
Put money away so I don't have to worry about money for the rest of my life, I would probably still work at my shelter job since I love it so much. Also would give them a significant donation.

Pay off any of my moms debt, new car and house, and set her up good.
I'd probably do something for my sister and brother, set up so their kids could go to college.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Quit work. Force my other half to quit work (he'll never quit work).

Do voluntary work when I was bored and stuck for something to do.

Maybe do dog walking for other people during the day.

Do a dog training course for sh!ts and giggles, and combine with the above.

HOLIDAY LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER HOLIDAYED BEFORE. All the countries.

I'd pay off my families mortgages and shove them a million or so each.

Probably potter a lot :) Renovate the house, then move somewhere better.

Take up some new hobbies.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Immediately I would:
- buy a new house in the country
- buy the new vehicle I've been oogling, pay somebody to fix the Impala TODAY RIGHT NOW, and I think I would also buy at least one more car just because I want it (hello Camaro. <3 <3)
- hire somebody to finish up my existing house, then sell it (would make me a tiny bit sad to have spent all the time and money on it and never live in it, but at the same time I actually have some hard feelings towards it since it has taken so long)
- buy my dad some new cars, and if he wants a new house they can have a new house, if he just wants a new garage for all his cars, BOOM, hired somebody to build the new garage, done.
- buy my mom a new car, and a puppy
- buy my sister a new car
- take that vacation to Hawaii

At this point I also think I would look into buying some land and building a canine sports center and that would be my new job. I really have been in love with this idea for a few years, I just don't know that I really have the business sense to do it nor am I ballsy enough to put my neck on the line and make the investment. But if I just HAD the money... yes.

That's pretty much it. Basically I would buy a bunch of big ticket items right away, but then after that I think the spending would be pretty quickly shut down. The rest would be invested (I would finally have a retirement fund) or, like I said, a new business.
The last time the Powerball got this big, I mentioned how hard it was for me to think like a rich person. I seriously can only think of so many things to buy and then??? Like I really don't need multiple houses so why would I buy more than one? And I don't really want a BIG house because I would have to clean it (see, right there - a filthy stinkin' rich person could just HIRE somebody to clean it!) I'm sure people adapt - happens all the time that they just spend money like it's water and then come up broke - but I think some people also just have a poor person's mentality and never get out of that way of thinking, as evidenced by all the people who grew up in the Great Depression and they just don't. waste. anything. because of how they grew up. I like to imagine I would be quite like that - I would no longer WORRY about money... but I don't think I would really just spend it either.

Torch

Quit work. Force my other half to quit work (he'll never quit work).

Do voluntary work when I was bored and stuck for something to do.

Maybe do dog walking for other people during the day.

Do a dog training course for sh!ts and giggles, and combine with the above.

HOLIDAY LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER HOLIDAYED BEFORE. All the countries.

I'd pay off my families mortgages and shove them a million or so each.

Probably potter a lot :) Renovate the house, then move somewhere better.

Take up some new hobbies.
All of this sounds about like what I would do. Especially the holiday.

Then I would probably also buy/build my dream home-something on a lake, by some mountains, beautiful and remote.

Michiyo-Fir

I would probably use a portion to buy a house in the area I like, preferably with some land.

Give some to my family members and close friends.

Put a portion in the bank to live off the interest.

Invest in some small businesses that I think are great ideas, small family businesses.

Keep going to school like I wanted.

Go on vacation from time to time, extravagant vacations.

Buy 2 more cars I like.

Get my future dogs.

Oh yes, hire a cleaner because I'm terrible at it!!

Xandra

- As large an estate/farm as possible, close to a big city (probably Vancouver) complete with good horses, livestock, nice machinery/equipment, delightful house. Try to make it self-sufficient vs a moneysink (possibly open a restaurant using farm produce??).

- Apartment in the city. Additional apartment in a foreign city (Rome?).

- Motorcycle, Mini Cooper, Maserati Quattroporte, X5 or GL550 or Cayenne.

- Yacht.

- Castle/Fortress in Provence, close to Marseille if possible (my father could live here).

- Give some to loved ones.

- Make sure there is enough remaining to invest so as to protect against inflation, cover taxes from and maintenance of the above, cover living expenses/stuff listed below... if possible make more money.

- Travel/Volunteer.

- School --> Doctor --> Doctors Without Borders.

- Charity (donate to the San Diego Zoo so I get special privileges there).

Red.Apricot

Pay off my parents' debt, pay for my sister's college.

Fix up my yard. But some new clothes. Go on trips.

Other than that, I'm pretty much where I want to be right now.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
The typical "pay off debt" stuff. House, cars, loans, etc.
Make charitable donations (my home church, the denomination, CHOP, etc.)
Education funds for the kids
Trust funds for the kids
Investments/savings to allow me to be comfortable in my old age
Help out family/friends who are struggling and get them set up properly

Then the toys (vacation home(s), cars, etc.)
I'd get really bored of "not working", so I'd find something, whether taking to umpiring on a more regular basis or doing some consulting work.

LauraLeigh

Whatever I wanted :) LOL

Typical as well, debt, family, dream home...

But Id also be a Secret Santa type... I'd give to help people who wouldn't know where or who it came from...

I may get involved in some charity work, but so many charities sadly are not run that well that I'd likely just help when and where it felt right..

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Buy a house. Quit my job. Not sure what I'd do instead of my job here. I think I'd go back to school a while and get into something I really love and not worry about the money aspect of things. I would also get a housekeeper and a full agility set. I'd probably get another dog or two. Travel some and invest/save away a lot. Donate some of it probably yearly in smaller sums to places I like. I'd give some to my siblings to help out too. Buy a new Honda crv.

And I'd hire a chef that makes yummy healthy meals since I suck at cooking.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
All my friends would read about my immediates family horrible car crash .

Meanwhile we would have assumed names and would build a compound for the family i can stand. then our various health issues would be fixed , then we would make investments with some , live off interest , and jet around the world so I can teach my children about the real world , not the party hardy rich world.

DJEtzel

Pay off loans. Pay off family's loans.

Build a new house on some acreage. Build a training building and a kennel building. Train lots of dogs. Offer lots of space/equipement for training. Foster lots of dogs. Play with lots of dogs. Do nothing with my life but fun dog stuff.

Uh.. dogs?

I'd also buy a newer car and a better camera, and a lot more collar business stuff.

Then I'd open a daycare/boarding facility.. because we need one around here.

I'd keep all three of my jobs, fwiw. :p

milos_mommy

At this point, probably buy an apartment in Brooklyn or Harlem, maybe Queens. Or maybe a house in Brooklyn/Queens.

Pay off my parent's house, and if they wanted another, I'd buy it for them. I'm not sure I'd give them money straight up, though. Maybe some kind of retirement fund for them.

Pay my tuition (I'd no longer qualify for financial aid, and I'd pay back any scholarship money I got so someone else could have the same opportunities) as well as my brother's grad school tuition and my best friend's student loans.

ANDDDDD, I'm at around $545 million and I'm running out of things. I'd buy myself a newer/safer car, but nothing outrageously expensive. I'd probably buy a couple of my friends new cars, too.

Eventually, after I finished school, I'd most likely end up buying some kind of commercial real estate to turn into a music venue/nightclub, and maybe open another dog rescue similar to the one I volunteer at now - a small scale, house style property set up with runs that houses rescue dogs.

Oh, I'd redo my ex boss's store. Maybe buy the property for her, if the owner was willing to sell, or get her another location, and renovate it.

I'd also eventually want to buy a house away from the city, and maybe more smaller vacation homes.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Buy a big property in the same general area with a kennel building as well and space for some livestock (just a few to butcher for the dogs) and maybe 2 horses. Buy a beach house, just not sure where yet... I love ALL THE BEACHES!

Travel a lot.

Buy a big RV bus for traveling to dog shows all the time.

Have a nice wedding.

Buy a 2nd big tricked out jeep in bright green for my fiancé, and a few dream super cars as well ;)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Buy a nice house in the country on a large plot of land

Build another house on the property for my in laws and my mom (My in laws will summer here and winter in Fl and then my mom can winter here and summer back in Canada LOL)

Donate lots to our chosen charities

Give a bunch to our church to help those in need in our congregation.

Give a bunch to family members like parents and siblings.

Buy a ton of Disney vacation club points and use them whenever I want (like... every other week during non peak times and NOT summer time). Basically just live there all of December, come home for Christmas, go back after new years and spend all of January there LOL.

Hire a maid

Give a bunch to our homeschool co op to cover all their expenses.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Buy new cars for my family members and myself.

Decorate the whole house with anything we want.

Go to every Justin Bieber concert.

Buy a vacation home somewhere on the beach.

Buy a boat so we can go fishing on weekends.

Save the rest and live off of it.

Members online

No members online now.