Misfit Agility Update

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
So I haven't been around in a while, and in that while, Psyche has made some great progress. She's now doing all obstacles, training at her competition height, and she's been to one fun match, and we're planning on her first trial to be this weekend, unless something happens to stop that.

She's doing pretty good, I think. Here's a short video (like 40 seconds?) of a jumpers course I did with Psyche at the fun match. It was her best run; it wasn't clean (missed the tire, and a jump), no, but we learned a lot. Since this run, I've worked on her focus around people, her tire (I did some work after this fun run at 16, then more at 22), and focus in general. I'm feeling really good about the trial this weekend. Not expecting Qs by any means, but I know we're going to have fun. In this run she doesn't do it, but in others that day she left me to see people, so we worked hard on that AT the fun match, and we've done a lot of work since too.

Anyway, link.
YouTube - April 25th Fun Match - Jumpers One

So the trial this weekend. We'll be doing the following:
Saturday: Jumpers
Sunday: Standard, Jumpers
Monday: Standard, Jumpers

A 3 day trial, I know, not the best option, but this is a trial with my club, so I wanted to do this one, because I know *I'll* be less stressed, and that will make Psyche less stressed. There were a lot of other runs I wanted to do with her, but I kept it down to 5; I AM happy that on her first day it's only one run, so we'll do that run, then spend the rest of the day just having fun.

Zoey's running the trial too, all the same classes. She and I are just going to have fun, which is what most of agility is for us. She has fun, likes to run, and I love running her, so we do it just for something fun for her. Whereas, with Psyche, I hope to some day be a serious competitor with her.

And as for Bella, she's not going to the trial, obviously, but she is taking classes right now, and doing pretty well. :) She will probably never trial (actually, I'm certain she wont), though.

So, yeah. :)

Oh, question for all you AAC'ers. Psyche's height card information has been sent, and I'll know the NUMBER by the weekend, for sure, but there's a good chance I wont have the CARD itself. I'm not sure what will happen if I don't have it... Will the judge just measure her and pick her height and let us run or... will I not be able to run her at all? I wasn't able to get it sent earlier then I did, sadly.

CaliTerp07

Psyche looks good! Border collies always look so happy and bouncy when they play agility :)

(Side note: Are you running her in your pajamas?!)

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Thank you! She's way too bouncy, if you ask me. She like, flings herself over the jumps, and I HATE it.

Reply to sidenote: Why yes, yes I am. :) It was coldish, so I figured I'd wear 'em. I hate running in jeans (wear mine too tight!) so I either have to run in shorts, pjs, or sweat pants, and my pjs were closer then my sweats and it was too cold for shorts.

Members online

No members online now.