2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

Brattina88

Before Christmas last year I was 198 and depressed because its the heaviest I've ever been. At first the weight came off fairly fast and easy...... It's been over a year now and I have not gained any, and I sort if laid off and maintained where I'm at. Today I am still down to 153 :) but still need to lose about 20lbs so I'm ready to hop back on the bandwagon. I haven't been exercising like I was in the summer, I am just not motivated in this crappy Weather :( so that's going to be my hardest thing.

I love the ideas in this thread! Also downloading the MFP app again :)

Go chazzers!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, I passed 276 on the way down this morning. That makes just over 14 pounds lost since the new year.

Eating better, working out every day.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am holding at about 196.2 right now but I know why that is and it will resolve itself in about 7 days LOL.

I think I am more all over sore two days after my workout than I was yesterday.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm starting late, but here goes...

Starting Weight: 286.4 :yikes:

Goals: Get my blood pressure down, improve my health, and learn ways to deal with stress and emotions that don't involve food. Make my back, knees and hips hurt less and be able to ride horses again.

Weight Loss Goal: My short term goal is 5% of my body weight, but my long term goal is to be between 140 and 150 lbs, so about 130-140ish lbs.

Methods: Weight Watchers. Exercising more and being more active in general.

I'm new but ill join in, so I have already done the program I'm in again, but I started at 350lbs, I'm 5'4 and. Lost 80lbs. I started it in sept 2011, the program ended aug 2012.

So we start this year, I was up 15lbs, there was a cruise followed by Christmas, but I lost ten lbs after that, and before the start of this program year.

Start weight 285lbs.
Goal, to not be morbidly obese for once in my life, and to maintain that weight for one year so that I can ave skin removal surgery, fun times.

Program is called Optifast 900, its a year long program, we have meetings that w must attend, and homework to do, the idea is lifestyle change. For the first three months we get four shakes a day totaling 900 calories. Then we are weened back on food and have to use the skills we learned to maintain our weight loss.

Here are before and after pics of me so far.

Before

After

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
According to the scale I am another 5 pounds down. That means 10 pounds down, but I don't believe it! lol I don't feel like I've lost much at all, as in my clothes aren't really fitting any different or anything.

But I'm not going to complain :p

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
So proud of everyone on here.... like seriously!

I actually felt like I've gained a tiny bit back this past week... but I weighed myself this morning and I'm now at 200.2 which means I actually lost 3.3 lbs. That puts me at 14 lbs total. I think when I hit the 30 lb mark I'm going to go get my hair done and colored. I haven't cut my hair since I was staying in GA at my mom's so it's long and in serious need of a fresh lift.

I didn't even work out at all this past week either aside from just the usual walking dogs. Was so busy that I just didn't get around to it.

This week I am going to work out though. Have my treadmill that I can run on and also got a sculpt and burn dvd I can do with 3lb weights. Still wanting to get into crossfit though.

my captcha was doubt... haha

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Went for a run this morning, a GREAT run even though it was freezing!

...went to work and rewarded myself with iced lemon pound cake :rofl1: lol woops.

I have gained a bit over the last few weeks, which sucks. But I'm on new meds and these things sometimes happen (my appetite is all out of whack) I think I'm teetering around 130 now :(

But my eating habits are getting better. No processed (with rare exception for stupid things like lemon pound cake lol), more veggies, more fruit, no red meat, more water.

I need to stop using pasta as an add on for EVERY SINGLE dinner. Gonna look into some rice of other healthyish option.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Oy as a testament to me being down 14 lbs my pants almost fell off when I was walking dogs at work. I'm out of holes on my belt so I need to punch more holes and I really need to shop for new pants. Think I'm going to check out salvation army or get some cheap at Walmart for now since I'm hoping not to have to wear them for long.

Fran, have you tried spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta? So yummy when it's made right.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Pants falling off is simultaneously the best/worst LOL.

I went straight to the gym from work today - had to get gas in my car and go to the chiropractor and the gym is less than a mile from the chiro, so it made no sense to drive all the way home and then go back. As a result I actually used the gym locker room for something besides going pee. I saw myself in my workout clothes in a mirror BESIDES the mirror at home.
I was actually feeling really good until I was doing bicep curls and looked at myself in the mirror from the SIDE to check my form, saw my butt, and was like "Oh. $*(@. That's right." hahahaha.

Anyway, lifted heavy today. Also did some crazy core work including a hanging crunch. I didn't even think I could do that. I mean really, I was side-eying my trainer when he was setting it up, like HA that's what you think.
Feel like a badass.
Going to be crazy sore tomorrow.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I need to stop using pasta as an add on for EVERY SINGLE dinner. Gonna look into some rice of other healthyish option.
What about quinoa pasta? I saw it at Wegmans the other day. Same fun pasta shapes, except made from quinoa, lol. I didn't end up buying any because all of the ones I looked at also contained corn, but it might be something to look into.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
What about quinoa pasta? I saw it at Wegmans the other day. Same fun pasta shapes, except made from quinoa, lol. I didn't end up buying any because all of the ones I looked at also contained corn, but it might be something to look into.
Quinoa pasta is delicious. It is the only pasta we allow in the house. Lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Last week was a bit rough. Getting to be "that time" so no news on the weightloss front and it made me tired and lazy so other than my arse busting fit club class I did NOTHING and I was a bad girl on the weekend and had Chick Fil A complete with waffle fries AND went to a birthday party and had cake lol.

Tonight is fit club again so I need to really work it and get back on track.

Equinox

Fran, have you tried spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta? So yummy when it's made right.
Second the recommendation for spaghetti squash, although they seem to be out of season right now :(

I use a julienne slicer to slice up squash and zucchini for now.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I haven't touched any kinds of grains so far, and don't plan to in the near future, but I might seriously give that quinoa pasta a try at some point down the road. Thanks for posting that!!!

Members online

No members online now.