Best Looking Dog Breed?

Fandogg

Wondering what in your opinion is the best looking dog breed. (I'm not asking you the best dog breed because obviously that's impossible to answer) But just from a looks stand point, it can be any size shape color whatever... Just your opinion.

I'd have to say the Bernese Mountain Dog really has a nice look to it.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Border Collies and Pitbulls tie on that one for me both are such beautiful breeds (not that my sibes airn't :)).

Debi

that's just too difficult of a question to answer. All breeds have outstanding qualities that make them so special. All pups of mixed origin...too adorable for words. Are you asking what breed we each admire most??? I would still be 'open'...I love shepherds, dobes, huskys, collies, pits,...see what I mean...it would still be all breeds. I think a true dog lover wouldn't be able to pinpoint a particular breed as 'most attractive'. :)

Hmm....stunning wise, I'd have to say a well bred GSD or Doberman Pinscher. Cuteness wise, I'd have to say any puppy! lol
But the look I prefer the most are the big chunky dogs (and the lean, skinny ones.) So I like the Mastiffs, American Bulldogs, Pitties, Greyhounds, Whippets, etc.
But mutts are always good because you don't know what look you will end up with! lol :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
White GSD X Ridgeback!! Cuz that's what Gus is!!!!!!!! :D I like soooo many too hard to chose!! ;)

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
If I really had to choose...I'd say a well brushed doberman is the most beautiful dog ever, all shiny,they look like fine silk. I love the playful look of a merle aussie though, sort of mutt like but regal at the same time...it's hard to explain. Yeah, I definatly can't choose just one cuz now I am thinking about how beautiful papillons are with their big "butterfly" ears. And Pitties are gorgeous too....this is hard. I don't like this game anymore!(me pouting)
:( :mad: :eek: :D

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
CreatureTeacher said:
I dunno, Sunny's a pretty ridiculously handsome guy... :D
well yes but isn't that like your mom calling you the most gorgeous girl ever? Even if it is true (which it could be btw dear :) ) it seems a bit partial don't you think :) Sunny isn't a merle (or even if he is you can't tell since he is blonde) but I think he is the most awesome dog ever :)

Saje

Island dweller
oh come on. They are ALL gorgeous. Gus, sunny, kharma, mav, hitch, patak.. :D all of them

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Saje said:
oh come on. They are ALL gorgeous. Gus, sunny, kharma, mav, hitch, patak.. :D all of them
Tis true :) I look at everyones dogs and think how wonderful it is for these guys that they are so well taken care of and loved. you can tell just by looking at the pictures that they eat well and are groomed well and are happy dogs. I don't think one could ask for dogs with more personality then the ones I read about here THAT is for sure :)

Doberluv

I don't like this game anymore!(me pouting)
ROFLOL!

This is hard. I love all kinds of dogs too. I think many hunting type dogs are very pretty. But I guess to narrow it down, I'd pick a good Doberman and a good German Shepherd as my all time favorite looking dog.

But it's true....they all have something about them, something sometimes you can't even put your finger on...a look. It might be a utilitarian look which is beautiful in it's own way or a graceful, sleek look of a Greyhound or Saluki....love those too. Ok....my turn to pout. I'm out!

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Well, duh!

A well-bred GSD like Rocky is beautiful!

I also really like Neapolitan Mastiffs they're just so big and beautiful.

And I never knew about this breed until I came to this forum, Filas are beautiful.

Especially Renee's!

A good-looking Doberman Pinscher also catches my eye.

Rottweilers are very appealing as well.

Dalmations are pretty cute. Ever tried to count the spots on 'em? I have!

I also like a well-bred Siberian Husky or Alaskan Malamute.

Um, that's all I can think of!

It sounds cliche, but I'd rather have an average-looking dog with brains over a great-looking dog without any day. The really intelligent ones can be too much for an inexperienced owner; I always warm up immediately to a dog who's got his owner trained! But the smarter they are, the more I like them. I suppose that's why I like dobies so much! Beautiful in body and mind, and sometimes too tough to handle, smarts-wise. I love the challenge!

Just strictly based on looks, though, I love the way a Canaan dog and a Borzoi moves, the fur on an Australian shepherd and a Chesapeake Bay retriever, the face of a pharaoh hound and Keeshond, the voice of a basenji, the muscles on a pittie, the posture of a standard poodle, a Shiba Inu, and a great Dane, and the smile of a Chow and a dobie. Come to think of it, those are all pretty brainy breeds. :D

So yes, I guess intelligence is the defining factor for me, followed closely by physical and mental health and stability, which would make my favorite breed your average MUTT!!! Smart, clever, funny, good sense of humor...mutts have it all!

Members online

No members online now.