random...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
You never know until you try...they could probably fare well at it; I've seen a full grown Bull dive under a chainlink fence fast enough to shame a border collie before. The only concern that I would have is that since they are so massive, some of the repeated jumping might have an adverse effect on their joints sooner than with a smaller, lighter dog.

Tamrick

Apparently Bullmastiffs should be jumped at a lower height than their wither height would normally recommend because of their heavy stocky build. I guess it depends what you want out of agility - they perhaps will not compete at the high levels, but I am sure you could have a lot of fun at training classes - try it and see how your dog goes.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I wouldn't be too keen on doing a lot of agility with a mastiff breed. Jumping isn't really their specialty and while some are very agile, their size is a huge hinderance. (Imagine a Neo trying to balance on a narrow plank.. It's just not what they are meant to do.)

So.. No, I don't think they'd be "good" for agility, not in comparison to the smaller, lighter herding breeds. But, I think doing it just for fun would be great.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Kuvaszok would probably be a better choice for agility than a bullmastiff.. The Kuvs I've known in the sport wound up -hating- agility with a passion. Make sure it stays fun for you both. :)

W

Whitedobelover

hehe have you tried shutzhund? or even just as they said agility as fun... just to give them something to do... not for titles just to do it. hehehe

Members online

No members online now.