Spring update! Finally!

Toller_08

Last weekend I dropped off Spring's vet records to a Toller acquaintance who asked for them as Spring's new owner has been in contact with her. In the vet records I included a small note from myself explaining why I made the decision to return Spring and find her a better home, and then gave her new owners my contact information in case they wanted to contact me. I actually wasn't expecting to ever hear from them, so I was very surprised (and ecstatic) to find an e-mail from them in my inbox this evening! I no longer speak to Spring's breeder (and she won't speak to me), so I wasn't expecting to get much information on her ever again. I figured my little note would probably be a lost cause, and debated on even including it with the records, but I am so, so happy I did. I think about Spring all the time and often wonder how she's doing. I didn't doubt my decision to re-home her at all, but it still would be nice to know, and now that I've received her owner's e-mail I'm absolutely, 110% sure I made the right decision for all of us.

Her new owners are just thrilled with her! Spring's an only dog now and is enjoying all the one on one time that she desperately needed. She's improving a lot. She's getting less skittish, everybody loves her, and she loves everybody. She goes to the park everyday to play and retrieve (which itself is a huge accomplishment! I tried teaching her to retrieve without much success), and goes to the beach regularly too. She has a Toller friend in the neighbourhood that she gets to play with regularly. Her new owners are just thrilled with her and say she's a perfect fit. They've had her for 7 months now. Her new owner is thinking about getting Spring into Agility classes, too. There's a lot more she told me, but I won't copy the whole e-mail. It was really, really sweet though and I'm so glad that Spring is happy and that she's found her perfect match. Her new owner seems so nice, and has said that she'll continue to keep in touch with me, so I'm very happy about that. Anyhow, I just wanted to share with you all! :D

Here are some pictures I received of her playing, taken by a friend of her owner's a few weeks ago:

Oh, it's wonderful to see her -- and to know that she's really living the life she needed and you wanted her to have :)

Funny, I was thinking about her just a few days ago, wondering how she was doing.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
good on you for making such a tough choice! Spring looks like she really appreciates it!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I am so happy you got an update on her--and that it is all working out! Shame the breeder won't speak with you anymore--hard feelings over you returning her? Too bad since it seems to be the best thing for Spring!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
yay Spring! So glad you got an update on her :D I was just thinking about her the other day too, and wondering if you had contact with her owners/had heard how she was doing!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
She does look like she's living it up now! I'm so happy she's fit in so well with her new owners.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'm so happy to hear that Spring is doing well in her new home! I was actually thinking about her a couple of nights ago.

It looks like she's living the good life! It's always so nice to hear from the new owners... definitely helps to reaffirm that you did the right thing in rehoming her.

Toller_08

Yes, it certainly was great to hear from her! Here's hoping that we'll continue to stay in touch from now on. Spring definitely looks like a much happier girl now, and she lives right on the BC coast, which any Toller would be thrilled about!

Shame the breeder won't speak with you anymore--hard feelings over you returning her?
It's much more than that. She's the type of person who only hears what she wants to hear, and she took something I said completely the wrong way. But she needed to hear it regardless, so oh well. I had issues with her in the past as well, then stupidly gave her a second chance, and now things are just completely down hill between her and I. Not a big deal though. I appreciate the experiences I gained and few things I learned from her while we were friendly, but now I feel it's better that she's pretty much out of my life.

Members online