The Venting Thread

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Left work 1/2 hour early on Wednesday cause I was feeling sick. Turns out I had a fever. Didn't go in for either shift yesterday cause I had a fever. Didn't have a fever this morning so I went in and had to leave early cause I'm feeling so sick. I hate this! And I'm too poor for it!

I knew I was not in the right frame of mind to make body butters today...but I wanted to get them done so just did it. Geez louise, I messed up SOOO many times!

I messed up enough that my small sample batch ended up being 10 8oz containers instead of the 2 I had wanted. And because of that, I couldn't tweak it the way I wanted and its a bit greasier than I wanted.

On top of that, because I had so much, I did multiple scents...which gave me a headache :/

Ok so I take back part of my previous vent lol. I still messed up the butters (which I am now calling creams as they are not as thick as butters) several times and had to do scrambling to get them to work but....

I took a shower to clear my head of all the fragrances and then used one I made for myself as intended (with still warm from bath/shower skin) and it was very nice. I am pleased with the results:)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It's the last day of the month. I hate the last day of the month. I'm never where I wanted to be for cars and everyone is tired and stressed and grouchy.

Lyzelle

So I am not in the schedule. Again. 6 weeks? Of no work.

So.

Car dealership or call center, here I come. But. URGGGG that is so frusrtating. DM was all like, yeah, totally! We will give you tons of hours and move you up and raise!....4 weeks later...

Probably go with call center. $13/h + commission sounds nice.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_urticaria

This is a real thing and I seriously think Hannah has it. Not on any life threatening level but still.

I have said more times than I can count "I swear she is allergic to the cold". I have said it so many times that she even TELLS people that. Especially after reading the triggers... I can recall so many situations when she has seemingly randomly broken out in hives and we can't figure out what caused it and not just during winter.

My mind is seriously blown.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_urticaria

This is a real thing and I seriously think Hannah has it. Not on any life threatening level but still.

I have said more times than I can count "I swear she is allergic to the cold". I have said it so many times that she even TELLS people that. Especially after reading the triggers... I can recall so many situations when she has seemingly randomly broken out in hives and we can't figure out what caused it and not just during winter.

My mind is seriously blown.
It's crazy what people can be allergic to. I went to high school with a girl who was allergic to the sun. She played sports but always had to have long sleeves and be under an umbrella when she wasn't actively playing.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It's crazy what people can be allergic to. I went to high school with a girl who was allergic to the sun. She played sports but always had to have long sleeves and be under an umbrella when she wasn't actively playing.
I know what you mean. I have heard of being allergic to the sun but only in the extreme circumstances. I have not heard of a cold allergy before until now but always joked about her being allergic to it.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Just walked down the hall to hear Grammie talking to the tenant about what a piece of lazy s**t I am.

"She's lived with her mother her whole life, how am I supposed to compete with that?"

One, no, I have not. Two, I am eighteen. Was I supposed to be living with other people this whole time...? Sorry, didn't realize that.

Then she was saying how lazy and unmotivated I am, especially compared to Rick. I can't express how much I adore my boyfriend. His disability is similar to mine.He's 20, didn't finish high school, also does not have a GED, doesn't have a drivers license (though we did get him his permit last year!), and has had one job that my parents made him get for a couple of months before we moved.

I've been working since before I dropped out of high school at 15 due to a disability, have my license, have an entire business waiting anxiously for me to get back that I built on my own.

I'm also not the one severely in debt and trying to push it off on her grand kids, bitch.

Please, tell me again how lazy I am. I dare you.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
(((((HUGS))))) Julee. Due to my disability a lot of people think I am just lazy (didn't finish high school either) and it really, really sucks. You've accomplished more than I did at your age and I am proud of you. So they can put that in their pipe and smoke it. ;)
I had no idea you were 18, though. You come across with the maturity of a 30 year old. I thought you must be at least 30. :p

Paige

Let it be
Just walked down the hall to hear Grammie talking to the tenant about what a piece of lazy s**t I am.

"She's lived with her mother her whole life, how am I supposed to compete with that?"

One, no, I have not. Two, I am eighteen. Was I supposed to be living with other people this whole time...? Sorry, didn't realize that.

Then she was saying how lazy and unmotivated I am, especially compared to Rick. I can't express how much I adore my boyfriend. His disability is similar to mine.He's 20, didn't finish high school, also does not have a GED, doesn't have a drivers license (though we did get him his permit last year!), and has had one job that my parents made him get for a couple of months before we moved.

I've been working since before I dropped out of high school at 15 due to a disability, have my license, have an entire business waiting anxiously for me to get back that I built on my own.

I'm also not the one severely in debt and trying to push it off on her grand kids, bitch.

Please, tell me again how lazy I am. I dare you.
Is she close with you? A lot of the time it is so easy to point fingers at someone when you are close enough to see regular things but not there day in and day out with someone. At 18 you are doing a lot better than I was! I didn't have my license (just recently have braved attempting to drive again due to huge anxiety at 22) and I was knocked up, unemployed and so depressed I didn't get out of bed till after I had Briggs. Oh, did I mention I still haven't finished high school or done any schooling to better myself? And you know what? It is all good. You are doing great. I feel like people forget what it is like to be 18, 19, 20 trying to set yourself up in life.

Anyways... I am rambling a little but people's rude words are just that. Their words. They don't define you.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Nope, just 18!

She is not close to me, not at all. She's Rick's grandmother, not mine. I met her four months ago when we moved in with her, had talked to me over the phone just a couple months before that. Rick lived with her for a few years before he moved out to CT to live with me, and the rest of his life had lived fifteen minutes away from her.

Can't wait to go home, lol. <3 you guys.

I should mention since I was ranting in my last post, Rick has done a lot and overcome a lot. He's awesome and I love him. I was just peeved that she felt she should be able to downplay what I've accomplished because of what he's done. We've applied for the same number of jobs and done the same things since being here. We're a team made up of two individual people... But still a team.

Paige

Let it be
Screw 'er then lol. His grandma his problem.

Seriously though I cannot stand how to make a point about someone doing well they have to bring another down.

Paige

Let it be
Families are weird. My mom and David get into it every few months where they hate each other then are back to being buddy buddy shortly after.

I tend to leave his family stuff to him and I handle mine. Really though the best thing we have found is to have a respectful distance because it is so easy to get upset when there isnt enough space. Sounds like that distance will be great in that situation.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Not for the first or last time, I vent about men who think women know nothing about cars. Not someone who (correctly) assumes I can't take one apart and put it back together again, but the ones who assume I don't know what "torque" is or how to drive a manual.

Got one of those the other day - he asked if a car had the 4.0 in it, and I said no, it's a 6cyl engine. He went on to explain that he meant "liters" and ventured into a ramble explaining what engine displacement is to me. I told him that 8 cylinder engines usually had 4 liters and up, and 6cyl engines are usually 3+, so what I meant to say is that I don't know how many liters it is, but it's almost definitely not a 4.0. He had to explain to me that in those years Mazda put a 4.0 V6 in their trucks, and it was the best engine EVAR. Jesus even approved it .

Except, well, THEY DIDN'T. Good luck searching for a mazda with that 4.0 V6, sir. When I need someone to explain to me why my car goes faster with a turbo I'll call you. I'm sure the answer will that turbo stands for two unicorns raining balloons out of you know where gives you more than horsepower. It's unicorn-powered!

Saeleofu

Well crap, Julee, I knew you were young, but I didn't realize you were THAT young. You have a LOT to be proud of! Just keep reminding yourself you're leaving the crazy bitch behind as soon as humanly possible...

Members online

No members online now.