Weave Action

adojrts

I love watching him weave, the butt shot is the best. Gotta love that 2x2 method.

Now from the very large to the very small.........Who weaving, 2nd day doing 12 poles.

Just click to see the video :)

SaraB

I love it!! Isn't it funny how different their movement is through the poles? Who does the hopping action with both front feet on each side... classic only has one front food on a side...

adojrts

lol yes, she just strides through them. There is no way at her size (under 12 inches tall and 11 1/2 lbs) that she could ever single stride it lol. We went through a faze with her, that she skipped every other pole. She was trying to go so fast and her stride was so long that she just figured this was the fastet way to do them :) I wish that I had video'd that because it was interesting if for nothing else to see how long her stride was to do that (24" spacing). But she only did it for a couple of days and then went back to weaving properly.

SaraB

No current vids or vids with just the weaves, but here's some video with the weaves at the end. Taken about 18 months ago before Z had her AAD. She's one leg away from her MAD and pretty close to her ADCH now. :D
Love watching her tail as she goes through them! She's soo zippy!!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
LOL Z is a really fun dog to do agility with. :) We have a trial this weekend - hoping to finish her MAD! :D

Sekah

The Monster.
Here are a few videos I have from when I was first teaching Cohen to weave.

1 week after starting 2x2s
Cohen - very early weave work - YouTube

1 month after starting 2x2s
Cohen - weaves and jump progress - YouTube

I was really happy with her progress.

Now she's doing 12 relatively easily, but is less reliable in new environments. Her form is improving (as is my handling - yikes!). She tends to muscle her way through them a bit, however. It's not become a problem yet, but I could see it becoming so in the future.

We started teaching weaves in the winter, which meant that outdoor drills were just about impossible.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Love the videos! Classic is so flexible, LOL - he has to bend his body twice around those poles!

Quinn's instructor started Quinn and I with the channel method, initially. We did a couple of classes like this and I was pleased to see Quinn was really committing and wasn't jumping out, but I knew it wasn't very solid. We got talking and she mentioned the 2x2 method, which I jumped on and mentioned that I'd prefer to teach Quinn this way as well because knowing her I think understand it best. Soooo that's what we're working on.

Unfortunately between the weather and my work schedule I haven't got her as far as I would have hoped with the 2x2s, but we're getting there. In the next 2-3 days I hope she'll probably be solid enough to try 4 in a straight line - the second set is just a little bit out from the first now. I just really want to school her entries and make sure they're super super solid - I found a "gap" today that we got a start on and we'll be working more on tomorrow to fix it!

Last edited:

mrose_s

BusterLove
I'll have to get up a video of Quinn's weaves. The last couple of days we've finally moved up to 12 poles, and bloody hell she's fast and keen.

Members online