KW&M -- Weave Time!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Well we just moved last Thursday so things have been a little insane. The weather was decent after work today so I took the opportunity to get a little weave practice in before an upcoming trial...without access to an indoor facility, I don't know when we'll have another chance to practice!

This is a new place for the dogs obviously, and virtually all of their training has been indoors, but I'm happy with how they did in a new place.

All very short vids -- <10 seconds up to 49 seconds I believe.

Kim's vid...well I thought I had turned the recorder on but I guess I didn't...so when I turned it "off" at the end it was already off and so I turned it on...so the only one I have of her is a last weave we did at the end...we had done a few tough exercises so after turning off the recorder I thought...hm maybe we should just do a quick easy run through to end...:rolleyes:
YouTube - 001c

Web is coming back for a big setback about two months ago...I started to proof him for me being more stationary, and stopped too suddenly...being Web and being incredibly soft w/ regards to me (though he'd flip off about anyone else even if they were intentionally correcting him), he took me suddenly stopping as a correction and totally shut down. So we've been doing short, calm-but-happy sessions to build confidence.
YouTube - 002b

And Mira, who is of course not entered in trials yet but who is working on a bit of proofing. Today being a new place, we just did a "send-ahead" where she drives past me and out of the weaves, a call-through where she is totally responsible for finding the weave entrance because I'm hanging out on the far end, and another one with me in motion. For her the left-hand is a bit tougher than the right-hand so we worked mostly on that side since I wanted to keep the session short today.
YouTube - 003c

~Cheers~
Shai & Crew

Members online

No members online now.