phoenix's behavior

luvmydogs

since cujo passed 48 hrs ago phoenix keeps licking me and licking me and licking me. hes more attached to me than ever. he has always been a big baby, but now its worse. i love it though. i guess he sensed my grief. cujo used to wrap himself in a blanket when sleeping, and now phoenix does the same thing, and never has before. how strange is that?????

Not really strange at all, Micheala. Phoenix is mourning, and he's also probably a little afraid that you will disappear just like Cujo did . . . Bimmer was inconsolable for months after our Buffy died - really until we brought Shiva home. He didn't even want to run the pasture with us when we took the Jeep out to check on the cows, and that had been his and Buffy's favorite part of the day.

avenlee

I agree, dogs mourn just as we do. And by the way, I'm sooooo sorry for your loss. I haven't caught up in the threads as I was away for a bit. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Phoenix is grieving I'm sure and wants to be close to you as you are grieving also. They are far more aware of things than we will ever know.

keyodie

Keyozilla
I am so sorry, luv!

I agree. He is probably as sad as you are, but he wants you to feel better! It's a good thing you have another friend around to help you through your loss. I am so sorry!

Members online

No members online now.