Barb ~

What has Miss Kona been up to lately? We haven't heard much about her in awhile . . . Is CJ showing her the ropes? Does she have Max completely under her control yet, lol?

Barb04

Super Moderator
Let's see, Miss Kona. She's now 71 lbs!!!!! We can let her play more with Max now that she's bigger because we were afraid she'd get hurt from Max's size knocking her over.

Today she was outside with CJ and CJ decided to run after Kona and let her know who is in charge in this house, CJ!!!!!!! CJ didn't do anything to Kona other than her usual bark, growl, teeth, etc. CJ was just being CJ.

Hubby made a flirt pole (long pole with a rope hanging off end that dogs run after). When Kona sees it, she runs for it; it's so funny to see her so excited over this object. Then Max comes along and they both grab the rope and pull. I just know they will be good friends.

Now Bear (smallest cat) watches Kona. Tiny (larger cat) wants to be friends. Tiny swiped her the other day and then Kona tried to swipe him back with her paw, but they both stopped and just looked at each other like "what was that".

I don't think anyone wants to be in our house when the music starts, 3 dogs barking at something. Kona is tall enough to look out our front window barking with this strange noise she makes. Max is in the taller window barking which makes the windows shake. CJ is barking this nasty bark like you'd better not come in here.

Carl commented yesterday that any animal would love to be in our house because they would know how much we love them and would do anything in the world for them.

It's crazy over here, but I do love it. I'll have to take some new pics!

Oh, Renee, Carl now says maybe in the future we should get a Fila like Shiva!!!!!!!!

We're going to have to change Carl's name to Noah! Except that he wants one of each, lol!

Maybe when Carl is ready for a Shiva there will be Shiva pups. Charley plans on keeping most of the pups, but would consider the right people for his babies. One of the big points for him is that they have to be FAMILY dogs - allowed to stay in the house with the family, which is a real eye-opener for a lot of the natives here.

I'd noticed something about so many people here in the south and their dogs: the typical southern man, although you hear all those stories about how they prize their dogs above their women :rolleyes: , and although THAT is largely true, they don't have dogs in the house???? And the women don't want big dogs in the house as a general rule. Usually you'll find that the people down here who do have their dogs actually living with them are people who have moved here from other places.

Your house must sound like ours when the dogs get tuned up, lol! No sane person would want to come to the door :eek:

bogolove

LOL! All that sounds like my version of the perfect life! Big dogs, chaos, and lot of slobbery kisses, what could be better?

avenlee

LOL yup, that's my house! I think I've posted this before but I'll repeat it anyway if so :p We are usually tiptoe'ng and always looking down because you don't know if the bird, turtle, cat or 2 dogs are at your feet. Taylor brought her turtle out Sat. (we have a simple wood square thingy as a border so he doesn't wander off) during the day to get some air and sun and she forgot about it! It was out all day. lol Benjamin loved it though. We've also just aquired a used cage for the Bird so we can bring him out on the patio during the day. Reagan loves it. You should see him listening to the birds chirping. There's always something going on at my house. I have to do a head count at the end of the day to make sure I'm not forgetting anyone.

Barb04

Super Moderator
We have a screened-in front porch so the cats love to go out there. I have to watch Bear though because he will try to climb up the screen.

Oh a baby Shiva, now that would be a dream come true!

Members online

No members online now.