Going to look at This Guy

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Saje knows im really interested in getting a horse this summer or sooner. Well I am ALWAYS looking for an Arabain or Appaloosa or a cross of the two. Well I was looking online just aimlessly searching and came upon a beautiful Appy/Arab Cross colt up for sale for $2,015. I contacted them by phone just being drawn in by the colt. They live about and hour away and so next weekend (sunday) im going to check him out :D . IM SOOOOOOO EXCITED AHHHH!!!
Here's a pic of him

darkchild16

We are Home.
hes cute if you lived closer id give you one of my pleasure ones cheap but canadas to far lol nice cross tho he almost looks like renegade the fsu mascot

Its been years since Ive dealt with any horses but the lady that owned the farm had an Arab and an Appy, both geldings both sweet and willing to please, the Appy was kinda dumb but he was great for fox hunting. I dont remember what she used the Arab for but he couldnt pull worth a ****.

Saje

Island dweller
He's gorgeous Scarlette! Look at those legs. Oh I think you'll be pleased with him. Can you get any more pics of him?

BTW I got Pasetyna for $1000 but they were asking $2000 :D

Saje

Island dweller
How'd I get Pasetyna? My trainer told me about her. She was supposed to be a project horse. Buy her for cheap, train her and resell. Of course I'm keeping her forever!

He is gorgeous! I love Arabs and Appys. Those and the Clydsdales are my fav. breeds of horses. (ALthough I have a soft spot for Welsh Ponies. lol)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
He's gonna be tall!!! Make sure you don't get too excited when you go to see him though, as you may end up buying something you really shouldn't!! Look him over as thoroughly as you would a dog you were thinking of buying!! Good luck though he looks cute!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Im prepared for that grew up around Appys and I got to the point where none could intemidate me lol. And I have leased an Arabian Mare (had to quit leasing her last year) for three years. So I think im pretty ready.

Oh and i will for sure look him over well :)

Saje

Island dweller
I told Scarlette this story before but it's a great story and appropriate for this thread.

When I was about 19ish I was working for a trainer and she put me in charge of all the young yearlings who were going into the halter classes in the summer shows.

There was this one young colt who was an appy-arab cross. he looked exactly like an appy (not like this horses here) He had a big appy butt and the short tail. The whole works. BUT his attitude was arab - which I adore.

Arabs have this special trait where they can stick their tails straight up in the air. Most horses will flop them to one side or the other

So, one day I'm working this horse and there's no one in the arena. It was my last horse of the day I think and there just wasn't anyone around. So I free-lunge him in the arena. Meaning I exercise him without a line. And he sticks his short appy tail straight in the air like an arab. It was like a flag pole lol. It was the cutest thing
And he bucks and gets all the kinks out. I didn't know this but some of the people that owned the arena were watching and they put on some dressage music and he started moving to it. Boy could that little horse move! He danced all over the arena. It was wonderful.

The dressage people came up to me after and were complimenting him and saying with a horse that moves like that he really should be in dressage...

I had a good laugh that day.

Later, at the shows, the whole arena was filled with laughter when he pranced in with his flag-pole tail. He didn't win but he was a crowd favourite!

Saje

Island dweller
arabs aren't hard-headed at all. They are completely the opposite. They are too smart. You have to out think an arab. You can't overpower one or intimdate it into doing something. Arabs are wonderful. Thinking they are hard-headed is probably your first mistake with them

Members online