Girly Stuff

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I use Vaseline lotion for my body. My face goes without these days because it is so sensitive.

Speaking of which...ended up back at sephora. New foundation samples and a new skincare routine sampler that was around $25. I guess we'll see if it works. I am so tired of feeling like a teenager with terrible skin issues. I thought I was past this.
Maybe try this if that doesn't work?
http://www.naturescure.com/

Hasn't 100% cleared up my acne but it's SOOOO much better since I started using that stuff. I don't get cystic acne hardly at all anymore, and if I do, the cysts just go away super-duper fast instead of hanging around being painful for days and then starting to ooze and then causing post-acne scarring. It's cheap too so it was worth me trying it out!

Lyzelle

Maybe try this if that doesn't work?
http://www.naturescure.com/

Hasn't 100% cleared up my acne but it's SOOOO much better since I started using that stuff. I don't get cystic acne hardly at all anymore, and if I do, the cysts just go away super-duper fast instead of hanging around being painful for days and then starting to ooze and then causing post-acne scarring. It's cheap too so it was worth me trying it out!
It's Shiesido(sp?). I dunno if it'll work or not because I don't know what is causing my acne. It isn't like last year where it was cystic or obviously puss-spots like whiteheads. They are just small, inconspicuous bumps along my jawline and back of my cheeks. My skin is otherwise even and smooth. It is mostly noticeable to me and it looks like really clogged pores to me. They act like whiteheads, but they don't look serious or are really noticeable. Just annoying.

But if they are clogged pores then I can't figure out if it is my foundation or my skincare/moisturizers. But then I start picking at them and they obviously become more noticeable ouchy, infected looking acne.

milos_mommy

Could it be something you're putting in your hair?? I break out on the edge of my cheeks and forehead if I use shampoo with SLS in it. Something you're putting on the length of your hair (conditioner, styling product, dye) could cause breakouts on your jaw

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have also noticed that if I put things like serums in my hair I break out or if I use conditioners that are too thick.

But I never use makeup, ever. No matter where I am going and if I absolutely have to I wear simple powder and that's it, and when I get back I wash it off as soon as I can.

Lyzelle

I don't think so. I usually put my hair back on days 2 and 3 after washing, and even when I wasn't using conditioner for a bit I was still breaking out. I'm not sure what is really causing it.

I'm back on Paleo/Primal, too, so we'll see if that helps at least a little.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Remind me to never do henna again! Ugh such a pain in the butt lol. It just doesn't make a drastic enough difference to my hair for all this to be worth it. :eek: Just 2.5 more hours to go lol.
Nooo never say that! I am hennaing my hair again tomorrow night. SO EXCITED. :D Gonna leave it longer this time and hope for a deeper colour. :D

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Nooo never say that! I am hennaing my hair again tomorrow night. SO EXCITED. :D Gonna leave it longer this time and hope for a deeper colour. :D
LOL. There's something about the thought of it that gets me pumped ("YEAH gonna henna tonight!") and then once I'm actually in the process and realize there's no turning back.... ugggghhhhh. :p I just completely suck at actually applying it. I have no method. And that's what gets me frustrated because honestly it takes me like almost 2 hours just to get it on my hair. And after that I just wanna be done with it lol.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
LOL. There's something about the thought of it that gets me pumped ("YEAH gonna henna tonight!") and then once I'm actually in the process and realize there's no turning back.... ugggghhhhh. :p I just completely suck at actually applying it. I have no method. And that's what gets me frustrated because honestly it takes me like almost 2 hours just to get it on my hair. And after that I just wanna be done with it lol.
I have a friend put it in for me, cause I have such long hair and it's so thick. So tonight my sister put it in for me and it took about 2 hours, with a new and improved method from last time. So yeah... I feel your pain. lol.

The part I hate is the time I have to wait until I can rinse it out. lol. I wanted to go 8 hours this time... but no. No way. I am not staying up that late, for one, and for two, my head is soooo itchy just knowing I can't scratch it. Grr. Plus the dripping from under the plastic wrap.

I am REALLY excited to see the colour this time though. Henna on top of henna, plus leaving it in longer, and I have my head wrapped much better this time.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
First it was my shoulders getting dried out. Then my boobs. Now my underboobs? What the hell. Stop that, body.

Also, my hair has been getting super greasy, super quickly in WA. 12 hours after showering, it looks I haven't showered in a week. Using the same shampoo, same amount, showering (and using shampoo) just as often as I did in CT. Would the humidity have anything to do with that, or?

crazedACD

I'm hennaing tonight again too. Put it in a squeeze bottle this time...sigh...will see.

I've also determined I may have a teensy, tiny little addiction to lush.

:eek:

crazedACD

Fiona thinks I'm crazy.

Before hair. It's faded all the way back to blonde on the bottom and dark up top. Looks yucky.

And well..it was not less messy. I thought I added too much water, but I really didn't mix it well enough. It was totally drippy. And it got everywhere. But I had a slightly easier time applying it.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
omg your Lush collection :rofl1: Do you use the Lush henna, too, I'm guessing? That's what I've been using, IF I get brave enough to henna again I keep waffling on if I should stick with that or try something else.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I've just bought and used Moroccan oil shampoo, conditioner and treatment oil. So far so good!! It's a bit expensive, but meant to be fab.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
OMG so much mess and so many bottles!:yikes: I get overwhelmed just looking at all that stuff! I guess that's why I have never and will never color my hair. It can stay its mousy reddish brown thanks heh heh

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
So I made a promise to myself to keep my hair curly for a week straight. I am in day three. And since I cant use most if not all curl creams, gels and the like I decided to try aloe Vera and I am surprised to say I am very, very happy with the outcome. My curls where neat, not frizzy and very natural looking. I was happy with my curly hair for once in my life. YAY!!

You curly hoard girls should all try it and tell me what you think.

noludoru

Bored Now.
So I made a promise to myself to keep my hair curly for a week straight. I am in day three. And since I cant use most if not all curl creams, gels and the like I decided to try aloe Vera and I am surprised to say I am very, very happy with the outcome. My curls where neat, not frizzy and very natural looking. I was happy with my curly hair for once in my life. YAY!!

You curly hoard girls should all try it and tell me what you think.
That's wonderful! I'm so glad you like it. Curly hair is so beautiful. :) I like mine more now that I know what to do with it.

I've just bought and used Moroccan oil shampoo, conditioner and treatment oil. So far so good!! It's a bit expensive, but meant to be fab.
Update?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think is what all home henna jobs end up looking like, lol. I've just settled into getting mine done at the salon every few months and leaving the cleanup to someone else.

As an aside, my stylist and I got to chatting about henna. The body art quality is not meant for hair; Lush is the same quality. You might as well rinse it straight down the sink. Menahandi is meant for hair and has the correct pigments and formulations.

Members online

No members online now.