Lily your eyes are bigger than your stomach

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well our "friends" stopped by today (these are the same people that adopted Maverick for us so they aren't really friends now we are still mad at them). They brought by this huge bone for Hannah but since Hannah is sick she couldn't have it (so Lily decided to try and help herself to it). I won't let Lily eat it though, she has her nylabones that she likes. I don't think I'll let Hannah eat it either I don't know what those two might have done to it. This bone is almost as big as Lily though and she had NO problem chowing down on it. It was quite funny, I thought she'd be scared but nope she wasn't. I let her investigate long enough to take a picture then put it away.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Jesus christ that's huge.

Looks like it came off the cow itself (heck, it probably did).

Why do you suspect them of doing something to it though?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am sorry i don't mean to be nosey julie but I have apparently missed a lot in my few weeks away from here. I know those people to mav but what happened? Why are you mad at them? could you point me towards the thread. I just feel so lost lol.

Cute picture none the less lol

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Awhile back they went to a shelter and adopted a puppy, knowing they couldn't have a dog. They then brought him over to our house and said "here we adopted this puppy for you" and we didn't need or want him but had to take him in anyway. We tried to take him back to the shelter but they said since we weren't the original adopters we couldn't return him. So we got in a big fight with these people and just started talking to them agian a few weeks ago. Well they brought this over for Hannah, no package or anything, said their dog didn't like it. So I don't know if maybe they are being nice or just trying to make her sick agian (they know she gets sick easily). I'll wait and see what happens since Lily chewed on some of it though, see if she'll get sick.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
OH i see I thought you were talking about the people that wanted mav after he went on his little adventure. I am so far behind I didn't even know about lily :D She is very cute

How old?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
sparks19 said:
I am sorry i don't mean to be nosey julie but I have apparently missed a lot in my few weeks away from here. I know those people to mav but what happened? Why are you mad at them? could you point me towards the thread. I just feel so lost lol.

Cute picture none the less lol
Well I never posted but yeah we were mad at them. They never cared anything about Maverick after they dropped him off. They were only allowed one dog where they are renting and they knew that and adopted him anyway. They never considered what would happen if we said no. I just got mad at them for carelessly adopting this poor pup without even caring about what happened to him. Plus we're sort of mad at them anyways long before that for personal reasons.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I personally wouldn't feed Riot that type of bone. I used to work in a pet store and had MANY customers come to me and complain about those things, saying that while their dog was chewing on them it would splinter in their mouth, some dogs choked on them..

I just dont like them from hear say. Because of the "hear say", i've always never allowed my dogs to have them.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
sparks19 said:
OH i see I thought you were talking about the people that wanted mav after he went on his little adventure. I am so far behind I didn't even know about lily :D She is very cute

How old?
She's almost 4 months old now.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
SummerRiot said:
I personally wouldn't feed Riot that type of bone. I used to work in a pet store and had MANY customers come to me and complain about those things, saying that while their dog was chewing on them it would splinter in their mouth, some dogs choked on them..

I just dont like them from hear say. Because of the "hear say", i've always never allowed my dogs to have them.
That's the first time they have ever seen a bone like that, usually it's the raw beef soup bones. Occasionally a rawhide but not anymore our vet said that is the reason Hannah got sick a couple days ago most likely. So now she eats her Eagle Pack, the Eagle Pack Holistic treats, and the beef soup bones. He said no people food, or grocery store treats since those seem to get her sick as well. So since Hannah can't have them either can Lily. Sucks sort of for Lily but not really since the stuff isn't good for them anyways.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Wow! Lily looks a bit overwhelmed.

I've given those bones to my dogs before. They each get one for Christmas. I find that they're just fine for the dog, as long as they're supervised while chewing. I take them away as soon as the knuckles of the bone are worn down. It's the main shank of the bone that splinters and causes problems, the knuckles tend to just wear down into tiny crumbs when chewed.

avenlee

aww Some poor cow is out there missing part of his leg! LMAO just kidding obviously, but that bone is HUGE! I wouldn't be to worried about it though. Just keep an eye out.

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Holy Crap! That thing is bigger then Sam!!!! LOL, I'm just kidding. No, my dogs never get anything like that. They get the ones that come in packages that help their teeth. My grandmother will sometimes bring one or two over... I keep telling her not to... but... I end up giving them to the flat-coater next door. He loves me :D

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I still have the bone put away I don't know if I want to let them have at it or not. I'm sort of worried Hannah will get sick from it like she does with EVERYTHING. I might let them play with it for a little bit and just give them a trial run with it to see how they react to chewing on it.

Members online