realy close call....

Shadow almost gave me a heart attack yesterday, through no fault of her own thou.

I have a garage that I park my car in, its got a automatic door. U just click a button and it opens. My back yard is joined to my garage if that makes sense. You have my back yard, which is fully enclosed. On of the walls enclosing the yard, it the back wall of the garage. Any way I usually wedge a big heavy weight behind the entrance door of the garage (not the big main door, the one you go in and out through) but lee put a lock on and told me I didnt need to. Thing is its a hook and eye kinda lock and I discovered yesterday a gust of wind will blow the door open. Here's how I found out...

I'd just come home from work and angled my car so I could reverse into the garage, I pressed the button to open to the door, the door starts going up, and in my rear view mirror I see that the entrance door to the garage is open, and then I see shadow come running out of the garage, onto the main road! :eek: I think my heart stopped, I opened my door and yelled her name, she came running over to me and jumped straight onto my lap.

Un-harmed, thank god. I was shaking so hard. She could have been run over. I was so mad at lee for telling me not to put a weight behind the door. I rang him up in work and yelled at him. Man she scared me so much when she came running outa the garage.

But shes ok and thats the main thing. And I'll be wedging a weight behind that garage door EVERYDAY from now on!

yoko

our gate is bad like that too! but we never use it so it's closed off with a ton of bricks on each side

Fran27

Good girl!

Boris ran off through the front door a couple of times, but he also came back as soon as called, so he never made it to the road (which has low traffic, and people drive slowly because there isn't that much room to go through the cars on both sides.) It's just so important to have dogs that come when called... Boris is stubborn in situations he knows, but otherwise he always comes at least.

to be perfectly honest, I think the only reason she came was cos she hadnt seen me all day (cos i was in work), and was really happy to see me. But it doesnt matter. She came to me, unharmed, thats what matters.

M

Manchesters

Whew! That is the stuff heart attacks are made of!!!! So glad it had a happy outcome! They sell hooks and eyes where the hook has a safety clasp on a spring that prevents the hook from being bounced out of the eye. GET ONE!!!

Members online

No members online now.