Am I Crazy.

I'm kind of bored of the non-mushing endeavors I've been doing with Squash and I'm thinking about taking a foundations agility class with him. But he's such a big lumbering thing... is it crazy to think this is something that he could do? We took a "for fun" agility class when he was quite young that was very informal and he did have fun, but we were just playing around really.

Sekah

The Monster.
In the last week I've watched videos of a Great Dane and St. Bernard doing agility...

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Well, considering I am hoping to do agility (for fun) with Abrams...go for it! :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've seen great danes run at local trials as well as greyhounds and bullmastiffs!

Everyone needs agility in their life as far as I'm concerned. :D

Saeleofu

If an English Mastiff can course (and he can, oh boy, he certainly can!), then a Squash can do agility.

Haha, thanks all. I'm not sure how this is going to go, but he likes doin' stuff, soooo.... I'll probably try it.

BostonBanker

Absolutely, without a doubt bat-crap crazy.

But in regards to doing agility, you totally should! Shoot, even if he is a lumbering goof, he's probably in fantastic condition from all his mushing. So if he and you are going to both have fun, there is absolutely no reason not to!

Absolutely, without a doubt bat-crap crazy.

But in regards to doing agility, you totally should!
I'm disappointed it took 13 posts for this joke to happen. :D

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I signed up!

The first class probably won't be very video-worthy, this is the description: "Having a dog who can figure out things, who willingly offers behaviors, who can focus on tasks even when distractions are present, and who has a strong bond and solid working relationship with you makes all the difference when pursuing agility training. In this foundation agility unit, you will work on shaping behaviors with your dog, developing teamwork with your dog, and learning how to execute the turns and handling cues needed in agility to create the solid foundation that is essential as you progress in the sport. This class is a prerequisite for the other foundation agility units."

I think we have a solid groundwork for some of it, but let's just say that my current grasp of executing turns and handling cues needed in agility could comfortably fit in my pinkie fingernail so it will be a good start. :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Are you going to be taking it through Cloud 9?

I only ask because my friend is going to be starting agility through them soon with 7.5 pound Ava (I've posted pictures of her on the forums before, if anyone remembers) and I think it would be FANTASTIC if tiny Ava and Mr. Polar Bear were in the same class :D

Are you going to be taking it through Cloud 9?

I only ask because my friend is going to be starting agility through them soon with 7.5 pound Ava (I've posted pictures of her on the forums before, if anyone remembers) and I think it would be FANTASTIC if tiny Ava and Mr. Polar Bear were in the same class :D
Yes, Cloud Nine. We'll be on Wednesday nights starting in about a month?

Members online

No members online now.