Urinary Stuff

SpringerLover

So, Gabby basically has an inverted vulva. The end points up when she's standing normally. This contributes to UTI issues. So far I've been keeping a very close eye on her, I "wipe" as needed, and keep the hair trimmed pretty close so there's less likely to be residue on the hair. The problem is that urine then sits at the end of her urinary tract.

I have been doing SG Berry Balance on and off and we haven't had any more UTIs but it worries me still. She didn't show many signs when she had a severe infection when I got her (other than peeing blood you know).

Anyone else have experience with this? I will likely run a U/A on her again soon just to make sure nothing is developing but, it worries me!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
We think this might be a contributing issue with Georgie. She is prone to UTIs. Part of it might also be because she's quite small so is very low to the ground and it's easy for debris to get in there when she squats to pee.

One thing we have considered with Auggie (different issues obviously, but recurrent UTIs is a thing for him too) is to just do maintenance rounds of abx. We haven't done it yet, but it has come up. Say just every three months, we give two weeks of Baytril. Auggie also doesn't like to show me any signs until things start to get more severe, even though I'm really good at spotting trouble flags by now.

There are also some herbal things we tried with Auggie but it didn't really do any good. We had herbs the holistic vet prescribed and also ordered something called Tinkle Tonic that a lot of people had success with. It might work for Gabby's issues, it didn't work with the problem Auggie has though.

I believe apple cider vinegar added to their water can also help?

Members online

No members online now.