I locked myself out of the house today...

FG167

Well, I guess the truth is, I didn't know the deck doorknob was a "dummy" knob. AKA when I went out to tell Robin to be quiet, the door slammed with the wind and I am stuck on the back deck.

I am a little overstressed and a little emotional so I'm immediately mad. I go storming down the deck to find Robin, Snitch, Poppy are all wondering what's wrong. Well, I'm also super careful since the break in and lock everything...so everything is locked. I'm outside, barefoot, there are no extra keys, I have no phone, I know no one, I have no phone numbers to call from the neighbors. I am screwed.

I go back up to the deck and find Kastle, waiting for me at the door. I start crying (yeah yeah, I'm a big baby) and he starts going nuts - screaming, jumping up and down...*IDEA*

I verbally mark every time he digs at the window and hits the knob (it's a lever style). Unfortunately, my timing is not good and even though he manages to turn the lever three times, I am not fast enough to push the door open. UGH.

I move to marking for bumping it with his nose, which quickly leads to him biting it and trying to tug it...he tired of that quickly though.

At this point, I sit on the ground, crying, because my dog is trying *so hard* to get me inside and it's not working. He starts biting at the glass/frame and when that doesn't get a marker word, he brings me his toys, curls up with Eden on the other side and watches me.

Kastle = best dog in the whole world.

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
What a good boy.

My Laekenois puppy locked me out on the patio once. I went out in my socks and he wanted out too and jumped on the door and engaged the lock with his paw. At least I could get in through the garage door using the keypad.

Taqroy

Awwww Kastle is so awesome. I locked me (and Murphy) out of the house last year about an hour before I was supposed to go pick up my mom from the airport. It was really annoying but on the plus side....it's apparently really hard to get into my house when everything is locked.

Members online